Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW DRILL/DRIVER

• 30-09-2011 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm replacing my 12 year old dewalt 14.4V drill/driver. Batteries not holding charge anymore.

I'm in the market for a new drill/driver 14.4V/18V. Going for Li-Ion batteries this time and want 30min charge if I can.

Does anyone know any good deals going anywhere, bricks and mortar shops or online from either home or abroad.

Any suggestions welcome. I've always used dewalt but I'm open to any of the good makes. I'm not a dewalt snob!!!!!!

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ace fixings had a couple of good deals recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Thanks,

Forgot to say, 13mm chuck would be preferable.

Keep suggestions coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

I bought a Ryobi 18V a few years ago, what a drill! I bought it online from the UK. It has two lithium batteries which last longer than the standard Ryobi + batteries. Couldn't recommend it highly enough. Think it was about €250. Can send you a link, if you're interested

Link would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

IMHO in terms of value for money Ryobi are very hard to beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

2011 wrote: »
    IMHO in terms of value for money Ryobi are very hard to beat.

Yeah have to agree, bought a 24v Bosch about four years ago, and having since used the Ryobi equivalent I find it a much better drill and great value too.

Just to update.

I bought the 18V Ryobi with Li-Ion batteries. Paid €170 online for it.

I have it a short while now and am very impressed with it.

Should have changed the old drill 3 or 4 years ago.

thanks all

Advertisement