Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on new gaming build please!

Options
  • 30-09-2011 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

I want a new PC for mostly gaming, BF3, Skyrim, etc. Apart from that the usual surfing/movies/downloading etc.
    Budget is around 1100EUR after keyboard/mouse/monitor which I will be buying myself. I could stretch this maybe another 100EUR or so if there was a good reason for it.

Opinions on these 24 inch monitors? Is there any great 24inch monitor that should be top of my list for 200-230EUR?
    One, Two , Three , Four , Five

I'd like
    Able to run upcoming games on high detail.
    Fairly future proof for most games for the next few years.
    Reliable components with minimum chance of conflicts, I'm not very knowledgeable about diagnosing tech problems let alone fixing them myself.
    Windows 7
    A big enough case so that I can upgrade in future.

Not bothered about
    Case size or case/fan noise.
    Case appearance.
    Overclocking.

Budget of 1100EUR for everything else in the case, sound card, network card, Win7, etc.
    Are dual GFX cards the way to go for gaming these days?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

Advertisement