Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A cross trainer or theadmill that is the question.

Options
  • 30-09-2011 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭

Wife wants to get fitter and in her late 50's like myself. Shes on the FAT side of things and I'm Ok (beer belly ish) but my ankles are killing me.

So what to get

A cross trainer or theadmill that is the question?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭marathonic

Most treadmills, cross trainers and exercise bikes end up as nothing more than clothes racks – people get de-motivated and stop using them. Just look here to see how many are being sold second hand (http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/sports-fitness/exercise-equipment-weights/208)

Why not just invest in a couple of good pairs of running shoes (you’d need these anyway for the treadmill). Then pick a loop around your house that’ll give you a good hour long walk. After a while, try to jog little bits of it and increase the size of the parts you jog over time. Eventually, that hour walk will become a 25 minute jog. There’s less chance that you’ll get de-motivated too as it’s something you and the wife can do together.

Advertisement