Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers** Series 6, Episode 13 - "The Wedding of River Song"

• 30-09-2011 1:35pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I know there's already another episode 13 thread on the forum, but I figured it was better to have a new one, exclusively for the episode so people could post on the story itself, rather than the speculation in the other thread.

So ... here we are then: the last (series based) Doctor Who story until Autumn 2012, better enjoy it while it lasts so!

There are no clips that I know of (once again) and to be honest - I wouldn't post them even if I knew of them. I'm going to watch this as cold as possible, notwithstanding the rumours and mild spoilers leaked by the press.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

The hardest thing will be staying out of this thread until Sunday morning when I have gotten to watch it. It's going to be a struggle :)

Really Really looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

:D Excellent! Although over now :(

As soon as I seen the people in the body i knew how he would survive..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

5 minutes left and a feeling of dread washes over me. "How could they wrap this up?" I thought to myself. "This is going to be terribly disappointing" I think. But god damn, that was good, and very entertaining.
    DOCTOR WHO?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I kinda came in half way there. But I wasnt blown away. And the question is silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Right, then.

I loved it. It looked awesome. Packed a huge amount in. There is always some Deus Ex Machina in these things. However
    nobody predicted that substitution.

And it wrapped up all ( or most) remaining arc questions for this series.

• Advertisement

That was mind boggling o.O

5 minutes left and a feeling of dread washes over me. "How could they wrap this up?" I thought to myself. "This is going to be terribly disappointing" I think. But god damn, that was good, and very entertaining.
    DOCTOR WHO?

I agree with that, the whole thing seemed to be churning along so fast and changing so many times that the wrap up wasn't obvious. Anyone feel there was a bit of a veiled attack on RTD with the "millions love you" malarky. Well that didn't save him this time, the doctor saved himself.

Cookie33 wrote: »
    :D Excellent! Although over now :(

sure, you did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Well that was not what I expected at all but absolutely brilliant. It shall be interesting seeing the doctor being quiet. As for the question, I guessed it partway through the episode but I still don't understand how it could bring 'silence'. After all River knows/will know the Doctor's name and that hasn't caused any problems. Or have I somehow completely misinterpreted those two words?

The volume was a bit weird for me, who had died in the nursing home? Or was it someone we hadn't heard of before?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 garg

i'm sorry but that was terrible, no questions were answered instead it just wholes the size of trucks in the plot. It seemed a pretty pointless exercise.:mad:

• Advertisement

garg wrote: »
    i'm sorry but that was terrible, no questions were answered instead it just wholes the size of trucks in the plot. It seemed a pretty pointless exercise.:mad:

Really - surely questions were answered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

it was The Brigadeer that died in the Nursing home.

I must have missed something, wha was the Question??

all in all a rather excelent episode.

Where is confidential tho, I know its been cancelled but I thought there would be one last episode, witht the miniepisode written bythe schoolkids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I feel trolled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

This is the first thing that occurred to me regarding the question:

The Doctor has been running around so long saving everyone that pretty much everyone knows who he is. The Silence are obviously sick of him and decide to get rid of him and they won't stop until they succeed. The Doctor's notoriety is his greatest weakness.

So the Doctor needs everyone to forget about him, so the Silence stop chasing him and he can stop running. He needs them to forget about him and when the day comes when they no longer remember him and literally have to ask 'Doctor who?' then they will fall, at the Doctor's hands presumably.

In a rather clever way, he is using the Silence's own weapon against them: the idea of not knowing who your enemy is, forgetting them.

I may be wrong but that's how I see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

ah so that WAS the Question, I was wonderin about that.

Excellent twist so

Come on iplayer, want to watch again.

They Still haven't answered why the TARDIS exploded in season 5...come on that was over a year ago now!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaines

Cookie33 wrote: »

In fairness, I think we always knew he would survive-it was *how* that we didn't know.

I dunno... I think I'm still processing all that happened. I did enjoy it but so much for moffat saying we'd have all the questions answered. I mean, we still don't know what was in the doctor's room that time and what happened to the Silence... Are they gone now that they think he's dead? And why don't they want that question answered? I know that Silence will fall etc etc but why?

Still, at least we got all our River questions answered... even if it seriously creeps me out hearing her call Amy "Mummy"! It just seems wrong! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭White Wolf Airsoft

That was a great Ep Massive Twist

Spoiler ALERT Spoiler ALERT
    I was Expecting him to regenerate but no he had to have an Epic Badass idea and saved the day once again Gotta love matt smith glad he didnt Regen COME ON CHRISTMAS EP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Aldebaran wrote: »

The Doctor has been running around so long saving everyone that pretty much everyone knows who he is. The Silence are obviously sick of him and decide to get rid of him and they won't stop until they succeed. The Doctor's notoriety is his greatest weakness.

So the Doctor needs everyone to forget about him, so the Silence stop chasing him and he can stop running. He needs them to forget about him and when the day comes when they no longer remember him and literally have to ask 'Doctor who?' then they will fall, at the Doctor's hands presumably.

In a rather clever way, he is using the Silence's own weapon against them: the idea of not knowing who your enemy is, forgetting them.

Ah I did misunderstand the question then. Not I get it. Very clever.

• Advertisement

Aldebaran wrote: »

You should send that to moffat. Great idea.

Also, I just got, 'the first question' 'the one that stares you right in the face' wasn't directed at the Doctor, but at all of us numpty's trying to second guess Moffat.
    Bravo Sir. Bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Not really impressed with the episode. It just seemed too frantic. The entire series was asking questions that could not be answered in 60 minutes.
    Is the Tesselecta a literal Deus ex machina?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

You should send that to moffat. Great idea.

I'm assuming it was his idea and that's what he's going for with the whole 'question' thing!

One thing I learned: Moffat lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,127 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anyone else get the impression that they're setting up the next regeneration? Dorium was saying something about the 'Fall of the 11th' and the question being 'Doctor Who?'. If the Silence kill the Doctor, then ask the question, the Doctor could regenerate into the 12th Doctor.

I liked the episode though. The Tessalect thing, even in the 'Previously...' bit was a bit of a giveaway, though I still thought that was a red herring and it'd be a Ganger Doctor, but still thought it was a great finale

• Registered Users Posts: 36 waterglass305

I thought it was great, did not see the whole alternate universe thing.
    It was good how they not only showed us what happens when you try to change a fixed point but an awesome new version of London.
    I loved the trains in it.

As for the Doctor got out of dying I saw him using the Tessalect a mile away, the only question I had was if Moffet was going to use that something more complicated.
    I don't mind him using the Tessalect because the episode was in fairness epic.

Also found the rest of the series brilliant, there were some moments in each episode that were bad or clique but it was very good overall, more good moments than bad.

That's my opinion anyway

Unless it was in the hypothesizing thread, i'm gonna take all the, 'yeah... Totally knew that was going happen' posts with a vast array of salt! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that was the first ep of doctor who in a long time that I really really liked, except for the question

why does the new who insist on making the doctor the centre of ****ing *everything*? he's just a god damn random timelord who robbed a tardis and set off to have adventures, he is not a god and while he may be the point of the show he is not the point of existence.
    new who needs to pull its head out of its ass.

--edit

also I did totally call the astronauts identity in the ep thread for the very first episode. nailed that one.

• Advertisement

Unless it was in the hypothesizing thread, i'm gonna take all the, 'yeah... Totally knew that was going happen' posts with a vast array of salt! :pac:

Absolutely. Nobody ever mentioned the Tessalector on this forum ( or anywhere on the internet), until today, as a substitution ploy. Clearly the doctor was not going to die and there was going to be a substitution, or a reboot. If a sub, the obvious solution was a ganger, and Moffat left hints about that. Different jackets. etc.

The Tessalector never took on the doctor's form, unlike the ganger doctor. So all that was misdirection.

Advertisement