Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV Trade-ins?

Options
  • 30-09-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭

Do HMV do in store trades ins on games??

And if so, are they any way better than gamestop or xtra-vision??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

They do, and i think they are pretty decent. Won't be much more then any of the other shops though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Might be of no use to you but, just to give you a flavour of what Xtra Vision offer, I got 32 quid credit for LA Noire the day Gears 3 was released, 20 for Black Ops (Xbox), 8 for NHL 11 and Modern Warfare 2. They tend to be a bit dearer though :( Still, the local store employs local folk so I justify it by telling myself I'm keeping them in jobs!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

HMV have a guarantee where if you can prove a trade in price in any shop, they'll better it by one euro. It's great when you're getting stuff that they have the ability to sell off cheaper than other shops, coz you're getting more twice over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You do need to bring photo ID don't forget that ive often gone in without it.

I think the stores are much the same, HMV give you a little less but they charge a tenner less than gamestop and 15 less than xtravision.

You do need to bring photo ID don't forget that ive often gone in without it.

I think the stores are much the same, HMV give you a little less but they charge a tenner less than gamestop and 15 less than xtravision.

Why do you need photo ID?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

for renting movies/games in Xtravision! :)

Were they referring to needing your photo ID for the trading in of games to HMV though?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

On the subject of HMV trades, any idea how much I'd get (store credit, if they do it) for Res E 5? I know it's fairly outdated now, but it'm looking to knock a few quid off the Gold Edition by trading in the regular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Why do you need photo ID?

Not sure, they just always ask for it in HMV. Not sure what purpose it serves they used to take details off it before address etc but now they just look at it.

Advertisement