Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ProCut tools, any good?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Garville

I just bought these the other day, for that price I couldn't leave them.
    Had the chain saw working for the past two days and I can't fault it.
    The cutting speed is fantastic, I was really surprised. I have a load of citca spruce evergreen treens near the house and I'm thinning them out for firewood, some are 80cm diameter, and this saw walks through them. Its success is the Oregan bar and chain.

For what its worth, I bought a Aldi chainsaw three years ago and its still going great. It was 120€, and I have got six times that value's much work out of it.

Beware though, the Adli one I got was designed for occassional use, and so had an anti kickback chain on it (ie it won't jump back at you), this one in Woodies has a .325 guage chisel chain and thats for professional users that use one everyday. It requires a little experience so mind yourself.

So far though, I can't fault it, its flying through stuff.

Didn't get strimmer fired up yet, but what I liked about it was that it can take blade, saw and string, just in case I decide to daisycut my surroundings!:D

As for Pro-Cut, tried googling them and had no luck, haven't a clue who they are or where the originate from, suspect USA, but guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

Thanks for taking the time to post ..

Might just give it a shot at that price ..

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celticmicky

GG66 wrote: »
    Hi,

My 3 year old Ryobi brush cutter has given up and I need a replacement.

This deal form woodies looks good, Petrol strimmer and chain saw for 199.00

http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=10822&loc=P&catid=102.11.0

Anyone used ProCut tools before, are they any good or likely to fall apart?

Thanks

I would say they are made in China. Generally anything for that price originates in China - however thats not to say it isn't good value. If you are a casual user then I would guess they should last you ok but if and when they break down you might have problems getting them fixed.

Advertisement