Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Ideas

Options
  • 30-09-2011 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,
    Just wondering is it possible to make a small bit of money on the side from a website? My problem is I don't have an idea really. I was thinking of a forum website on joking etc. I have a front page on the website and then a forum page. At the moment I have the website up on Sedo parking thinking I would make a bit of money! How stupid am I? 60 cent is what I have made over the last 2 weeks on it. Unfortunately I can't name the website due to Parking terms.

I would also be willing to partner with anyone who is interested in having a website as I can spend a bit of time on it. However I wouldn't have money to invest in but I do know someplace to get free hosting.

Any advice, help appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

curious18 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering is it possible to make a small bit of money on the side from a website? My problem is I don't have an idea really. I was thinking of a forum website on joking etc. I have a front page on the website and then a forum page. At the moment I have the website up on Sedo parking thinking I would make a bit of money! How stupid am I? 60 cent is what I have made over the last 2 weeks on it. Unfortunately I can't name the website due to Parking terms.

I would also be willing to partner with anyone who is interested in having a website as I can spend a bit of time on it. However I wouldn't have money to invest in but I do know someplace to get free hosting.

Any advice, help appreciated :D

Come back when you do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I'd sell your web site or just let the registration expire. Probably the best way for you to make money is actually to stop spending it.

Most successful websites have been operated at a loss in their initial years. They invest in the site and building audience and then the revenue follows. Often later than what would be hoped!

You're expecting to make something out of nothing. It doesn't happen in the real world and doesn't happen in the online world.

Advertisement