Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are they?

Options
  • 30-09-2011 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭

Ok i have seen them three times in two years and they are spotted all over the world and getting more frequent.
    I know for fact it wasnt a balloon,as there was smoke coming from back of the ones i saw.And identical to this picture below.
    It was right above me before anyone tries to say it was a plane,i assure you was no plane.
    So what the hell are they?
    UFOCigar1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

arent they rods? as in insects captured at slow shutter speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

lol I rememeber a friend and I saw a show about these 'rods', everything in conversation from that day on ends with a loud shout 'RODS!' just becasue the presenter shouted it in the hour long show for shock horror effect. Is it not just a strange flying insect or something more reasonable like that?

RODS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

maccored wrote: »
    arent they rods? as in insects captured at slow shutter speeds?
    With my own eyes? I am just using that as a description example.
    No they arent and trust me when i say it was long big and black in colour and smoke coming from the back of it.I could tell the shape and size and it was no way a rod. With two white ones on either side of it.
    They have reported now that there is actual white ones similar to them being spotted with black band in middle of it.Like this in the following link.http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/news/ufo_extraterrestrials/2011/09/29/908.html
    I am not wanting to debate what icke or others said in video.I didnt even watch it.Its just for the example picture.

And this one.But traveling in straight line before changing direction.
    Sorry picture to big.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8RLOdlrA7l4/S3rAd5x3eCI/AAAAAAAABZo/JP8BhNYRM8w/s1600/UFO-over-Honiton-UK-February-2010-2-zoom.png

lol I rememeber a friend and I saw a show about these 'rods', everything in conversation from that day on ends with a loud shout 'RODS!' just becasue the presenter shouted it in the hour long show for shock horror effect. Is it not just a strange flying insect or something more reasonable like that?

RODS!!!!!!!!!!!

Like the length of a plane with no wings on it and no windows to be seen.With two traveling along side it? Insect?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

ah - i thought when you said seen them you meant photos. oops.

• Advertisement

maccored wrote: »
    ah - i thought when you said seen them you meant photos. oops.

No actually seen them sorry.
    So any explanation?

Here is video i found of one identical barr the smoke was coming from back of the ones i saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eoAkC1vPfA&feature=player_embedded#!

I read someone saying solar Balloon possible.But it couldnt have been as it changed in direction like being steered and had smoke coming from back.

Solar balloon.
    ballona.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

A large, cylindrical object with an engine? Like a blimp?

kylith wrote: »
    A large, cylindrical object with an engine? Like a blimp?

It looked like that yes with two others also.But no wasnt goodyear_blimp_12_450op.jpg
    and very windy out so no way they were made of balloon material.
    You could see they had perfect shape of a cylinder type thing but the size of a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Id go with Solar Baloon thing unless you can provide a picture or video of what it was you saw exactly.

• Advertisement

Riamfada wrote: »
    Id go with Solar Baloon thing unless you can provide a picture or video of what it was you saw exactly.

I hadnt got any gadgets with me unfortunately.
    I can definitely say you can believe was solar balloon,but no way as these objects(3 of them of different colours) were in fact solid.
    Hopefully will spot them again.
    I am amazed no one else saw them as they flew over the carriageway way in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So, what do you think they might be, because you seem very sure of what they're not.

kylith wrote: »
    So, what do you think they might be, because you seem very sure of what they're not.

I have not got a clue.Other wise i wouldnt be asking here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭meryem

Umm! Let me guess! It can be some test missile(which is ofcoarse a very rare possibility here) or some secret weapon program or mere a imagination. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Most of us go through an entire lifetime and never see one of these. You're lucky, you've seen 3 in 2 years. ;)
    Are your sightings all in the same area?
    You say they're the same size of a plane. What type of plane?
    Any chance of getting a picture next time?

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Most of us go through an entire lifetime and never see one of these. You're lucky, you've seen 3 in 2 years. ;)
    Are your sightings all in the same area?
    You say they're the same size of a plane. What type of plane?
    Any chance of getting a picture next time?

Passenger plane without the wings.Yes in and around same area every time.
    I will do my best to get one :)
    Look up and dont just dismiss something immediately without identifying it.Look again.I believe people just half glance and dont think whats that in sky and it doesn't register as should be a plane or helicopter etc...
    I happened to look twice at most things.

caseyann wrote: »
    Passenger plane without the wings.Yes in and around same area every time.
    I will do my best to get one :)
    Look up and dont just dismiss something immediately without identifying it.Look again.I believe people just half glance and dont think whats that in sky and it doesn't register as should be a plane or helicopter etc...
    I happened to look twice at most things.

I look up all the time. I walk a lot with the dogs and, living in the country, am always looking out for Buzzards etc. That's one reason why I'm suspicious of these sightings.
    I once saw about 6 trianglular shapes flying over the house about 200-300 ft high. No engine noise. I'm certain they were just powered hang gliders but some people may have thought they were UFO's.
    The fact that you've seen them in the same area is significant. I doubt it's the size of a jet airliner or there would be more sightings. You can't hide something that size in the air.
    I guess that somebody has constructed a type of helium balloon powered by a standard model engine. Remotely controlled.
    It's easy to do. All the parts are available.

I look up all the time. I walk a lot with the dogs and, living in the country, am always looking out for Buzzards etc. That's one reason why I'm suspicious of these sightings.
    I once saw about 6 trianglular shapes flying over the house about 200-300 ft high. No engine noise. I'm certain they were just powered hang gliders but some people may have thought they were UFO's.
    The fact that you've seen them in the same area is significant. I doubt it's the size of a jet airliner or there would be more sightings. You can't hide something that size in the air.
    I guess that somebody has constructed a type of helium balloon powered by a standard model engine. Remotely controlled.
    It's easy to do. All the parts are available.

It is a possibility.But isnt there a law against object flying near to airports?
    And it was huge so no doubt in my mind how big it was and the ratio of the scale of it.
    How can you be certain?I have personally never seen hang gliders ever,and you have never seen these.:)

Right.....we're getting somewhere now. You've seen flying objects near an airport;)

You've convinced me now they must be UFO's.

Right.....we're getting somewhere now. You've seen flying objects near an airport;)

You've convinced me now they must be UFO's.

They werent planes,I think i know a plane when i see one or helicopter even in dark.Which this wasnt broad daylight no clouds in sky,and right above me.

• Advertisement

A flying object with no wings, the size of a jet airliner, near an airport and you're the only apparent witness:confused::rolleyes:
    Typically, like most believers, you only really want it to be a alien space craft.

A flying object with no wings, the size of a jet airliner, near an airport and you're the only apparent witness:confused::rolleyes:
    Typically, like most believers, you only really want it to be a alien space craft.

I am the only person who saw it on boards so far yes.
    No need to be all condescending when i say you are incorrect and i know what i saw.
    Loads of people saw them.

Like non believer then you want to make it up what it is a plane or a hang glider.I think i can tell difference between them and what is unidentified.

If you dont like that i dont agree with you and dismiss your incorrect observations then dont bother looking.

I am the only person who saw it on boards so far yes.
    No need to be all condescending when i say you are incorrect and i know what i saw.
    That's the point. You don't know what you saw:rolleyes:
    Loads of people saw them.
    Where are these people and why has nobody said anything except you?
    Like non believer then you want to make it up what it is a plane or a hang glider.I think i can tell difference between them and what is unidentified.
    Your really don't make any sense here. (Are you drunk?)
    You already said you don't know what a hang glider looks like. I do, so I know what I saw was one.
    And since you admit to not even knowing what a hang glider looks like, you're not the most reliable of witness.
    If you dont like that i dont agree with you and dismiss your incorrect observations then dont bother looking.
    What incorrect observations:confused:
    I couldn't care less whether you agree with me or not. Your opinion of what I think is unimportant.
    You know what you saw and that's what's important and nobody can suggest otherwise.

That's the point. You don't know what you saw:rolleyes:

Where are these people and why has nobody said anything except you?

Your really don't make any sense here. (Are you drunk?)
    You already said you don't know what a hang glider looks like. I do, so I know what I saw was one.
    And since you admit to not even knowing what a hang glider looks like, you're not the most reliable of witness.

What incorrect observations:confused:
    I couldn't care less whether you agree with me or not. Your opinion of what I think is unimportant.
    You know what you saw and that's what's important and nobody can suggest otherwise.

Jesus i said i dont know what a hang glider is? where did i say that?:rolleyes:
    I said i have never seen one meaning just because i havent seen one doesnt mean they arent around havent seen a flipping badger either.Does that logic mean i should think they dont exist.

I could care less if you think anything.

No they can but logical things that would fit and so far no luck.

So what if i am only one who came forward would you blame them with the attitude of people who act like they are all seeing and all knowing and dismiss it and act like the person is a nut job.

nut job.

Not my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Keith186

It's a huge BMW.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ok, this needs to calm down a little. Be civil. No more digs like 'are you drunk', thank you. (looking at you Fuzzy Clam)

caseyann, dont take it personally that people dont believe you, I realise you are puzzled by all of this, but others are naturally going to offer logical explanations to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Its very possible that what caseyann saw what see believes is a UFO but due to a lack of all the required knowledge(not that I know it all myself) I would say it is a biased belief.

You need to take in many factors, seeing an object in day or night can have its own differences, the major factor would be perception, your looking at an object against a sky with nothing to reference it but stars or clouds, you have no idea how big these stars are or how far away and the same for the clouds, the object could be 10 metres away or 10 miles away. Its near impossible to judge height, width, depth, direction or speed with the naked eye against the sky.

For example a plane could look like a cylinder shaped object depending on direction its flying and the angle its viewed from, I'm seen this once or twice myself, fooled me.

Are all 3 sightings in the same place, what times did they occur, is there a flight path nearby, a military base, weather research facility, company that manufacture aerial equipment, where all sightings in the same area in the sky ,where they 'heading in the same direction', did they look the same?

There's hundreds of questions to ask before you can make a definite 'fact' statement regarding the objects.

I'm not saying it wasn't what you saw but there are so many questions to ask before you can start to reliably answer the question as to what it was you saw.

Advertisement