Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Defensive System

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I love it...I was always crap at defending in fifa and get hammered 10-0 or some **** like that...especially for those pussies who keep picking bent or walcott and hoofing balls upfield for them...
    In Fifa12 I've found it so much easier to defend and way more enjoyable to play online now...
    ps.I'm on xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Still getting used to it. Definitely need some patience because you really have to contain and jockey the opposition players until they make a mistake really or you can nip in. It means for long stretches you are just chasing the ball around. If you dive in or shoot out of the defensive line they just dribble or pass around you.

The slide tackle is almost completely redundant. Not sure if I've even made a successful slide tackle yet. Not worth the risk to put your player out of the game and they usually just avoid it pretty easily anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭mossie

Still getting used to it. Definitely need some patience because you really have to contain and jockey the opposition players until they make a mistake really or you can nip in. It means for long stretches you are just chasing the ball around. If you dive in or shoot out of the defensive line they just dribble or pass around you.

The slide tackle is almost completely redundant. Not sure if I've even made a successful slide tackle yet. Not worth the risk to put your player out of the game and they usually just avoid it pretty easily anyway.

Yeah. It's definitely about patience and waiting for mistakea and hoping your mistakes don't come first. One game I had 15 shots on target, the opponent had 1 and it finished 1-1

Advertisement