Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The things that make UCD great

Options
  • 30-09-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

I think there needs to be a thread to act as a counterpoint to the irritations thread..
    I'll start:
    I fukken love how nice it is having lunch with people at the lake(s).
    I like the concrete walkway cover thingies 'cause they keep me nice and dry (why don't they go everywhere?)
    I like the way the su shop is reasonably priced

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The friendly staff that occupy most places!

Having lunch at the lake is great, until somebody drops food on the ground and about 40 seagulls start squawking around you!

The size of the library, and how it's so quiet due to librocop's strict regime :P

The excellent lecturers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Going to a lecture then finding out it's 'self directed study'.....to the lake!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

The quality of lecturers I've come across in UCD compared to my old university, it's great to see people who are actually able to deliver a lecture in an interesting and informative fashion compared to just reading off slides. I'm sure it's not true of the whole university but the lecturers I've come across are solid.

There's some stunners walking around campus, brightens my day.

Good buzz about the place in general and there's always something going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Delicious chicken fillet rolls from Centra...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭MacieC

The Lake (especially around April/May)

The SU Bookshop, hence, no need to sell your books on the Internet

Light schedules

The different buses that depart from UCD

Glenomena/Roebuck/Merville Residences

The campus as a whole (deffo better than the Trinity one, bigger and clearer)

Excellent lecturers/tutors - They are really willing to make students understand the course, and succeed in it.

Really good communication (BB, Post-grad opportunities, Career Center, Internships opportunities ... anything related to extra-curricular activities/internships/postgrad).

Handouts (A lot of institutions don't do that especially abroad)

The plurality of societies (not like some societies abroad where you basically have to go through a whole interview to join/be rejected. True story.)

Some hot guys wandering around campus

These things actually make me miss UCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Having exams before Christmas when everything's fresh in your brain and you then have a month of rest.

Quinn building: Fancy chairs, small classes, lots of plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

The whole Health Sciences building. Bright, thereputic library, modern lecture halls, nice dissection room, and a general air of being fresh and clean. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Just remembered one of the biggest gems of all - The mate who lives on campus :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

ucd well i basically hate it, so much annoys me about it but stuff i like

1.wetsers-omg just incredible...swear i get boners in most lectures
    2.i no a good ammount of people who go to it
    3.the pool tables in the student bar...should be 50 cent but still decent.
    4.i guess quinn building so slick
    thats prob it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

There are plenty of nice looking girls and some things are cheaper in the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Super league is the most fun I've had doing any sport ever.

Cheap take-away coffee in the SU shops.

The girls.

People in UCD are friendly.

Advertisement