Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know anything about Break for the Border

Options
  • 30-09-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

My 16 yr old daughter wants to go to Break for the Border tomorrow night. Does anyone know anything about it? Am unhappy about her going into town. Would prefer she stayed in suburban clubs. What age group goes there on Saturday night. Is it a student/teenage/young adult night or is the crowd likely to be older?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

It's been a while since I've been there, but it was college-age (21-25) when I used to frequent. How is she planning to get in if she's 16? It's a bit young to be going to clubs in town IMO, unless it's a special underage night, that is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Eh, seriously? It's a club, as in over 18's only.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

chancer12 wrote: »
    My 16 yr old daughter wants to go to Break for the Border tomorrow night. Does anyone know anything about it? Am unhappy about her going into town. Would prefer she stayed in suburban clubs. What age group goes there on Saturday night. Is it a student/teenage/young adult night or is the crowd likely to be older?

Crowd would be old enough - not really a teenage place

Also - Fat Freddie had a night out there a year or so ago, it was in the papers :D

I wouldn't advise letting her head there at all to be honest,

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭chancer12

Tnx, huge pressure on to go to town and they all have fake ID's. Unfortunately, you can only say 'no' so often. Have just heard that it has been cancelled because of fights last week so that saves me an argument, thankfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

chancer12 wrote: »
    Tnx, huge pressure on to go to town and they all have fake ID's. Unfortunately, you can only say 'no' so often. Have just heard that it has been cancelled because of fights last week so that saves me an argument, thankfully
    Wow, 16! You just say no once and thats the end of the story!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

adamski8 wrote: »
    Wow, 16! You just say no once and thats the end of the story!

This is not the parenting forum/moral judgement forum, thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

holy god - 16 years of age :eek::eek::eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Des wrote: »
    This is not the parenting forum/moral judgement forum, thanks

going surfing for some jailbait at the weekend ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

A 16 year old in a licensed premises is breaking the law..end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Right even if she did go and get in with the ID they'd have a fairly crap time of it, barely anyone there is under 21 and it's the haunt of stag and hen parties. The music is dire and when they open the club part downstairs, that's even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Right even if she did go and get in with the ID they'd have a fairly crap time of it, barely anyone there is under 21 and it's the haunt of stag and hen parties. The music is dire and when they open the club part downstairs, that's even worse.

And its a rip-off joint that bang thier prices up throughout the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Degsy wrote: »

And the OP is a wind-up merchant

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Degsy wrote: »

I forgout about that, €8.65 for vodka and 7up is their 'standard' price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

I used to go to clubs, over eighteen, when I was fourteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Its a dump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

They're now running a student night on Saturdays so age group will mostly be 18-20. Stop being so shocked about 16 year olds in clubs, it's pretty common around the start of 5th year when many people start heading clubs while they're still 16.

OP, I've been going clubs since I was 16, it's nothing major, as long as your daughter is responsible she'll be fine. Then again if she has a history of stumbling home pissed I wouldn't let her go yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

irishbird wrote: »
    holy god - 16 years of age :eek::eek::eek:

If Eamonn DeValera was still alive he would have a hernia if he found out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement