Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rim for Ford 4000

• 30-09-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where i could get good s/h 6 stud rim for back wheel of Ford 4000.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Alibaba wrote: »
    Anyone know where i could get good s/h 6 stud rim for back wheel of Ford 4000.

This guy will sort you out. If he hasn't got exactly what you want he can make it up. Last time I was there he had a couple of 6 stud wheels. He is very keen on price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

think ive one lying around the yard some where, would have to check if it is 6 stud, and what kind of order it is in.

what part of the country you in

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Alibaba

Am in Limerick. Sorry Reilig is there some of your post missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

It was almost impossible to get 6 stud 4000 rims the last time I looked (over 10 years ago now). I needed two of them, but settled on Fordson Major ones. They are the same size.

8 stud are far more common, and you can interchange the centres, so bear that in mind.

If your centre is good, I might have a rim that is perfect, but has a buckled centre, and you would make a decent wheel from the two.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

maidhc wrote: »
    It was almost impossible to get 6 stud 4000 rims the last time I looked (over 10 years ago now). I needed two of them, but settled on Fordson Major ones. They are the same size.

8 stud are far more common, and you can interchange the centres, so bear that in mind.

If your centre is good, I might have a rim that is perfect, but has a buckled centre, and you would make a decent wheel from the two.

+1 on this, bigger nuffield wheels would also fit if you could find one. Try Neville Stanley, tractor breaker in Rathdowney, he might still have a few?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Alibaba

Got one lads. Thanks for all the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Alibaba wrote: »
    Am in Limerick. Sorry Reilig is there some of your post missing.

Sorry. Here it is.

As I said he's close to Swadlinbar.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/1092573

Advertisement