Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Different geometry road bikes

• 30-09-2011 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭

I was very very interested to read on another post here -an ad for a cube road bike - that cube have particularly short top tubes, relative to frame height, and so I checked it up and it does seem to be the case.

Being of of long legged, short backed sapience, it might be the bike for me.

Are there any other manufacturer's that offer varying geometries like that? Most that I've ever come across are, y'know, if it's 56 high then it'll be 56 long.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Canyon! I think you might have been pointed that way in your search for a bike.

They're noted for short top tubes on their frames. I had to go up to a 58cm (from 56cm) in their sizes to get the same effective top tube length as previous bikes. Headtube height was exactly the same as the 56cm bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,939 ✭✭✭fat bloke

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Canyon! I think you might have been pointed that way in your search for a bike.

They're noted for short top tubes on their frames. I had to go up to a 58cm (from 56cm) in their sizes to get the same effective top tube length as previous bikes. Headtube height was exactly the same as the 56cm bikes.

Sound. Yeah I've been looking at an entry level frameset, just a bit put off an online purchase when fit is so critical.

Any other manufacturers?

Advertisement