Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Hiking/saddle/back pack?

• 30-09-2011 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where i can get one?I have tried loads of pet shops looked on line also.But can not find them anywhere in Ireland.
    And how do you feel about them any good for your dog/dogs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭dammitjanet

Ebay has them :) Just search dog backpack. Ah ebay, the answer to everything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

gazahayes wrote: »

Thats them thanks. :)
    Do you use them or anyone? And how do you find it helps your dog or not?

Ebay has them :) Just search dog backpack. Ah ebay, the answer to everything...

I was looking at them on ebay but only found USA and shipping ones i am more into getting from home.Thanks though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

We got one from the big Pet Store on Airside in Swords, cost about 15Euro i think

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

• Advertisement

scudzilla wrote: »
    We got one from the big Pet Store on Airside in Swords, cost about 15Euro i think

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

Thanks Scudzilla :)
    Do you find your dog loses more energy with it on?As with winter coming in and the nights getting darker,i cant take as much of hike (usually 3 hours a day)with my 5 dogs as i like so hoping this will help?

P.S i have not once seen a boxer with long tail.You dog is gorgeous :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

caseyann wrote: »
    Thanks Scudzilla :)
    Do you find your dog loses more energy with it on?As with winter coming in and the nights getting darker,i cant take as much of hike (usually 3 hours a day)with my 5 dogs as i like so hoping this will help?

P.S i have not once seen a boxer with long tail.You dog is gorgeous :)

She doesn't wear it on every walk, but she's grand with it on, doesn't seem like she loses energy with it, we just put in a 750ml water, small bowl, ball and poo bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah we have the same one Brodi is modelling. :) The had them in Airside the last time I was in there too. I got it for carrying our long training line for practicing our training in the park. Also I used it on a walk on a hot day and put water bottles in it and he was fine with it. Handy cos I could put his treats, poo bags and my keys too so I didn't have bulging pockets! :rolleyes:
    It doesn't rub or move around too much. A few weeks ago I left it on my guy while he was playing with my phone in one side and tracked him with GPS lol!! He ran around like a maniac and no probs. I was hoping to take a look at more expensive ones at Pet Expo next week but Country Hounds won't be there :( - that said somebody else at might have them there?

176442.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I'm in bits laughing at that image! Walk to the park......run like a nut-job around the park.......walk home :D

scudzilla wrote: »
    She doesn't wear it on every walk, but she's grand with it on, doesn't seem like she loses energy with it, we just put in a 750ml water, small bowl, ball and poo bags.

I was thinking of adding some things slightly heavy and hill walk.They are pretty energetic lol
    Thanks for that :)
    tk123 wrote: »
    Yeah we have the same one Brodi is modelling. :) The had them in Airside the last time I was in there too. I got it for carrying our long training line for practicing our training in the park. Also I used it on a walk on a hot day and put water bottles in it and he was fine with it. Handy cos I could put his treats, poo bags and my keys too so I didn't have bulging pockets! :rolleyes:
    It doesn't rub or move around too much. A few weeks ago I left it on my guy while he was playing with my phone in one side and tracked him with GPS lol!! He ran around like a maniac and no probs. I was hoping to take a look at more expensive ones at Pet Expo next week but Country Hounds won't be there :( - that said somebody else at might have them there?

176442.jpg

Haha thats a good thing to do.I have seen a dog with actual dog gps collar
    garmin_dc30_062708.jpg
    Its a great idea.Now imagine on a cat lol
    Thanks what i needed to hear we do some forest walking, so good to know they wont have any problems with it if out of view.:)

Just got back from rain hill walk that was nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Great to see a Boxer with a full tail :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm in bits laughing at that image! Walk to the park......run like a nut-job around the park.......walk home :D

:pac::pac: There was a method to my madness!! When I was building him up after his op we had to gradually increase our walks so we went from 10 mins to 60 mins which came to 3.4kms.. I was worried that if he was just off lead playing we weren't covering the same distance and it mighn't be the best for the leg since we need it stong etc.. so I walked up to the field in the park with him and let him run around and he made up 1km just up there - walk home the long way and we make the same distance ;) The app is called RunKeeper btw.

Advertisement