Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marathon running shoe

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

pre wrote: »
    Lunar eclipse at the moment and was using lunar glide 2 for a while

You sound pretty much like me so (lunar racers for short races and lunarglide or similar for training). IMO Kinvaras would really suit you as a marathon shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Funny I've used/tried most of the runners mentioned here.
    I'm also trying to find my best suited runner for the marathon.

Where I'm at:
    - have been using Lunarglide 2's which are now end of life
    Saw the custom Nike site for lunarglide 3's and just before ordering popped in to try them on, was rather disappointed to feel the arch's seemed much higher and sticking into mine compared to the 2's.

- I race short distances in Zoot Ultra tt 4.0's so then tried the zoot energy 2.0.
    Felt good so bought a pair and have used a few times now with no real issues.
    Soles seem less wear than nike's though and not quite the same fit.

Went for a long run (26k) in my old lunarglide 2's on sat as it was lashin and had a great run, bar a hotspot on side of foot at end.

I'm now thinking of trying the lunarglide 3's again and seeing if it's just a case of wearing them in.
    I did try buy another pair of 2's but sold out everywhere in my size.

Ordered a pair of Adidas Adizero Bostons in frustration to try them.
    Also tempted by the Adidas Adizero Adios's.

If they fail I may try persevere with the Zoot's or else Lunarglide 3's.

I also tried Kinvara's but felt arch digging into me even more than the lunarglide 3's so couldn't go with them as much as I wanted to.

Will see how Adidas Bostons go this week.

Anyone report similar feel of Lunarglide 3's compared to Lunarglide 2's at all?

I'm a neutral runner with a midfoot strike.

Fazz wrote: »
    Funny I've used/tried most of the runners mentioned here.
    I'm also trying to find my best suited runner for the marathon.

Where I'm at:
    - have been using Lunarglide 2's which are now end of life
    Saw the custom Nike site for lunarglide 3's and just before ordering popped in to try them on, was rather disappointed to feel the arch's seemed much

I also tried Kinvara's but felt arch digging into me even more than the lunarglide 3's so couldn't go with them as much as I wanted to.

I find lunarglide 2 to have a bigger arch than kinvara. if you are finding arches on neutral shoes digging in might mean that you have flatter feet than you think... neutral shoes are designed for medium / high arches. test with towel and wet feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

glasso wrote: »
    I find lunarglide 2 to have a bigger arch than kinvara. if you are finding arches on neutral shoes digging in might mean that you have flatter feet than you think... neutral shoes are designed for medium / high arches. test with towel and wet feet.

Yep did that and also checked at Amphibian King.

Might be just paranoia from a pair of kayano's that hurt arches on long runs before and not wanting to repeat that!

Could also just be feel of new runner putting me off slightly.
    Might pick up lunarglide 3's in elverys if adidas don't work out.
    I see they have some good prices on them.

Defo find the lunarglide 2's the best balance of enough cushion for forefoot whilst still light and comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭pre

IMO kinvara are like a more cushioned lunaracer. I've was racing in kinvara's but used the lunaracers in the national half without problems. With lunaracers do you have? the originals or the 2's?
    I think they are the 2s. These Kinvara's seem to be a popular shoe i might have to get a pair

• Advertisement
Advertisement