Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy this hard-drive ?

Options
  • 30-09-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

Guys, I'm looking to buy a hard-drive for a HP Pavillion Dv2000 laptop, but can't seem to source it anywhere apart from the U.S.(ebay).
    Drive model is :FUJITSU MHV2120BH 120GB 5400RPM SATA 2.5" 9.5MM HARD DRIVE PN: 413434-001

Do i even have to fit this exact model, or do all SATA 2.5" 9.5mm drives have the same connections ? Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yeah, any drive should do. I haven't heard of any propitiatory laptop drives. Just 2.5'' and SATA is all you need to worry about. Nearly all are the same thickness apart from a few early 1TB ones.
    I've found Western Digital's drives to be reliable and quiet (5400 anyway, 7200 RPM laptop drives can get noisy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

your restricting yourself by getting a 120GB one,

i suggest a bigger one, and possibly a faster one 7200RPM,

all the connections are the same for 2.5 sata hdd's,

most 1TB ones have a form factor of 11mm so might not fit your laptop,

if you can spare the cash i recommend a WD scoprio black 750GB 7200RPM, about 100 euro

Advertisement