Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

m7 north bound major delays?

• 30-09-2011 6:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭

Anybody any idea what's causing the delays on the motorway this evening. The tail backs seem to be going for miles back on the road. May have been a big crash me thinks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

I was caught up in this traffic too.. looked like there were two bars broken down just before the newport roundabout. m7 looked clear after that.
    Never seen so much traffic in limerick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

There was an oil spill from NCW all way in to Finnegan's roundabout apparently.
    The slip road from M7 onto Finnegan's roundabout was lethal.
    My friend was on the roundabout this morning at 10.30, and a jeep skidded down the slip road into the side of her car. When the guards arrived they said it was the third crash there already this morning.
    Apparently there was another crash there again this evening then.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

I heard on Live95 earlier about a bad crash on the M7. Dont know where abouts though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Thanks guy. I saw the build up a head of me earlier and headed up on to the tipperary road to avoid it. Hope there were no casualties. The weather wasn't great for driving earlier today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

bazz26 wrote: »

Does the M7 go near Cahir ? I thought that was the M8 / Cork leg of the motorway ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Does the M7 go near Cahir ? I thought that was the M8 / Cork leg of the motorway ?

Good chatch. The M7 doesn't go near Cahir and Cahir is about 40 miles from Limerick, that would be some tail back to the Newport roundabout. :)

Advertisement