Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World's Lightest Bike ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Lumen might be able to rival that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

It just shows what can be achieved.....all that carbon!:eek:

Still, the shifters are fairly cack, IMO....;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Keep_Her_Lit

Pretty amazing alright. One might assume that the product of a project like this would be no more than a piece of jewellry - something to showcase cutting edge technology but built with no intention of being ridden. But it has been well used according to the article.

I guessed that the UCI 6.8kg limit was chosen primarily for safety - based on the idea that bikes lighter than this might fail catastrophically in the hands of a pro rider. But if a sub-3kg bike can be reliable for 19,000km, surely a 5kg bike could withstand a season of professional use.

What criteria does the UCI apply when deciding the weight limit? Is it likely to be revised downwards soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

i see he developed health problems from it, let that be a warning to ye from over-carboning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

i see he developed health problems from it, let that be a warning to ye from over-carboning!

Yeah, apparently over the 19000km, he absorbed trace elements of residual carbon into his skin, immediate to the saddle resulting in a carbon-like permanent hard-on that has stayed with him, meaning its now impossible for him to comfortably ride (.....the bike, that is)

or perhaps I just made that up.......

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement