Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold Bears

Options
  • 30-09-2011 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

Haribo gold bears. I miss them, and I can tell by their little outstretched arms that they miss me too.
    Can anyone recommend a vegetarian equivalent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

The organic supermarket in Blackrock, Dublin sells them. Granted they are obviously pectin, so the consistency will be different, but they are as close as i've found.

If you are far away from Blackrock, the fact that they are available would suggest a shop more local to you could oder them in, if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Amberw122

Goody Good Stuff do a good range of jellies for vegetarians... some are suitable for vegans too. I tend to get mine from here:- http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product.asp?bid=599
    Though have only been able to source the gummy bears online from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Amberw122 wrote: »
    Goody Good Stuff do a good range of jellies for vegetarians... some are suitable for vegans too. I tend to get mine from here:- http://www.hollandandbarrett.ie/pages/product.asp?bid=599
    Though have only been able to source the gummy bears online from the UK
    Oooooh thanks for that! I'm gonna try pick up some of the strawberry ones tomorrow in the local H&B, with some luck! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Amberw122

Oooooh thanks for that! I'm gonna try pick up some of the strawberry ones tomorrow in the local H&B, with some luck! :D

Fingers crossed :D

Got a load of cola bottles in the post this morning. Now comes the challenge of keeping them hidden until christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I seen that they had four types of them there! Bought some of the strawberry cream, and some of the tropical fruit ones. Very tasty!:)

I hid mine at the back of the food press, behind some of the lesser used stuff:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement