Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

triton issues for xbox

Options
  • 30-09-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I just got my self triton ax720s.I was expecting marvels at the moment i think im after wasting money i mostly play cod and battlefield.I cant hear footssteps untill there about 5 feet from me.i think it could just be the decoder box not being on the right setting.Any help would be greatly apppreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Surely the Tritton forum has something there to help you set up your new headphones?

Unfortunately I can't help you with the AX720 setup as the last Tritton's I owned were the AXpros.

However, you should be impressed by the AX720's, I believe they are supposed to be quite decent. However, expecting to hear footsteps much further away than 5-10 feet is unrealistic unless they are being particularly noisy. Headphones don't make your reactions quicker ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭canister94

I suppose its being a bit unrealistic nut i still think one light isnt on thet should be.Thanks for the reply i will look on tritons website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

canister94 wrote: »
    I suppose its being a bit unrealistic nut i still think one light isnt on thet should be.Thanks for the reply i will look on tritons website

Did you change your settings in game from stereo to surround headset?

Yes i done all that but i think i might not have the decoder box set up correctly.I would like to talk to some one who has one.Because really at the moment they are no better than the speakers in my telly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

canister94 wrote: »
    Yes i done all that but i think i might not have the decoder box set up correctly.I would like to talk to some one who has one.Because really at the moment they are no better than the speakers in my telly

Have two ax 720s take a photo of your setup and post it here and I'll tell you if it looks wrong

• Advertisement

sorry i didnt get back to you my camera was broke here is some photos but i think its the decoder box u can barely see the missing light.My friend who has the same headset a while back says i have it set up correctly but hes not sure about the decoder box. There are 4 lights on it all are lighting up except the second one from the left is this the way its supposed to be

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

You have to flip the decoder to TD and press the + button 10 times, that will increase the echo then set your back at 2 steps higher than your center and set your base one or two steps lower, set your front to the same as center. your center can be on whatever it is most comfortable for you to play at.

I found my front light wouldnt light up some times unless at a high volume but it always worked.

A word of warning, this setup is great for shooters when footsteps and other such is needed. If you are playing single player though set the td back to 5 (5 clicks) and set all the speakers to the same color, other wise it will sound very echoy when NPC's talk in game.

ya dean if you are on xbox would it be possible to talk me through it all i could do was the first setting.Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

I Don't be on a massive amount so it would be too long to wait, but never fear! YouTube to the rescue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edh0Mu6LmI8&feature=related

This will explain how to set the controller and the decoder box up for fps based games.

Advertisement