Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jingle Bells 5K 03/12/2011

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

22.56 for me, target was 22.30..well organised by Donore,

Well done to all my Civil Service club
    mates, We had a big crew today running...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

4 stars (good)
    Blimey those results are up quick! Watch had 17:30 and chip time was 17:30. Happy with that. When saying 18:10 i knew i should really be sub 18 but i didnt think id be 17:30! Went out possibly a little hard but wanted to make sure i had a few ahead of me for turning into the wind. Got into a group but they slowed up a little in that 2nd km and i lost a bit there. Still not having ever done a 5k race i was anxious to finish strong so i sat in. Km 3 and 4 i was left with just 1 or 2 for company and i made sure to hide from the wind whenever possible. Took the pace up a bit from 4km but eased bacl a little much with 300m to go as i didnt see anyone around. All of a sudden with 150m to go i saw someone closing so pushed on to make sure i wasnt caught. Really enjoyed the race. Definitely want to look for more road races before tri season kicks off again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

4 stars (good)
    18:55 for me today, off goal pace but still got to be grateful for the guts of a 20sec pb also Bambatta is a confirmed sandbagger:)

4 stars (good)
    18:55 for me today, off goal pace but still got to be grateful for the guts of a 20sec pb also Bambatta is a confirmed sandbagger:)

**** that 19min dead with start and chip time the same and 1 place outside top 100, stewards enquiry your honour. Raging :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

4 stars (good)
    sure you started alongside if not behind me didnt you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

4 stars (good)
    **** that 19min dead with start and chip time the same and 1 place outside top 100, stewards enquiry your honour. Raging :(

Looks like your chip didn't register at the startline. Take your watchtime I say.

4 stars (good)
    Bambaata wrote: »
    sure you started alongside if not behind me didnt you?

Literally one step behind you which would tie into my garmin time based on your results with chip time. Unless chip did not register over finish mat and they applied the start time It should not annoy me but when you know you have ran sub 19 it is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

25:19 for me - but I had to stop to tie my laces at mile 2 (doh!) so lost a few seconds there. My Garmin had a moving time of 24:55 so I guess I'm happy enough.
    C-c-c-cold day out in the park today :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

18:40 chip time, got held up a bit in 1st and 2nd km, even with the wave start people still won't spread out a little at the start, so bobbing and weaving big time, no garmin or HR so just wanted to push and see, pushed hard in 3rd and 4th km hoping the 5th would be fine but got passed by 7 or 8 finishing as couldn't get moving down hill. Great race though, I brought 8 13 year olds from school and they all loved it, doritos to last them a life time! Also a mug is great to get compared to another carp standard t-shirt. Thought the course could be real fast but felt like I was moving against the wind the whole race today!

Next stop Clonliffe before Raheny 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

4 stars (good)
    Note to self: doing a 5k with no warmup is a bad move! Slowest 5k of the yr for me, just dipped under 17. I got street of wicklow 5k to bounce back on Stephens day tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

4 stars (good)
    That was a great race, well organised and something different at the finish!!

It was my first 5k so a PB was guaranteed but have to say was delighted with 25.38:D found parts of the course tough with the wind but overall it was a great course. Well done to Donore for a great event!
    Took a while to thaw out after the race but fine now at home drinking tea from new mug:p

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

4 stars (good)
    A well organised race and sending out the sub 20 runners in the first wave seemed to work well. Nice to be called an "elite" athlete too:D The wind was tough on kms 2&3 and I started the first km too slow so no surprise that I got faster with each km to finish in 19:31. A new pb so delighted. Thanks to all who organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

Sorry for the delay in the texts going out but my 3 dongle decided not to work today so had to send them once I got home using my home internet connection. Great event today, one the the best organised ones that I get to attend and booked in for 2012 already.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭ChampionChip

There are always a few anamolies to sort out post race usually regarding chip times. I have just posted a revised listing based another download of the startline data.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭topday

3 stars (average)
    My first 5km race ever and I have to say it was just great. Donore Harriers done a great job and I look forward to next year... Love the mug I must say... Already had a coffee out of it. My time was 20.26 which I am happy with so my plan now is join a club, take part in more races and next year beat that time...

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Ar Strae

Brilliantly organised race! Hadn't run it in a few years. Was hoping for Sub 20 but a lack of training and no watch earned me a chip time of 20:08. Happy though. And what a flat course. They should definitely keep it for next year. The wave starts worked brilliantly too. As I was up towards the front of the second wave it kinda nearly felt like I was in contention in the race...a feeling I'm sure I'll never feel again! :-)

I'll definitely be doing it again next year!

Ro

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dub8

4 stars (good)
    very well organised race today , great route , ! Anyone know who won the team prizes , cant seem to see the results up for them yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Sprocket77

Have to agree with the organisation, really well run event. Only problem I had was with my chip time, which was well out, had the stopwatch though so not really that big an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭D Chief

4 stars (good)
    Enjoyed that this morning. Great course, very well organised. Weather was a bit cold and windy, but it could have been worse. Happy with my time of 23:4X. I will definitely aim to do this again next year. I hope they will keep the same route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭meijin

4 stars (good)
    Great race, organization and weather!

Time: 0:21:3x (first ever 5k, so obviously a PB :p)

splits (min. per km / avg. HR)
    4:13/167, 4:25/179, 4:22/180, 4:30/179, 3:56/185

Very happy with the result! biggrin.gif

PS longer race report under http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75809415&postcount=325

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭El Director

4 stars (good)
    Jackyback, Nerraw1, El Director - fancy starting up front to the right and try push a pace in a group? Any pacing tactics? Fast but not fastest opening km then suffer??

That was a good idea, shame I'm only seeing it now!

Superb Race today, well done Donore! Will defo be back next year all going well. A 24 sec PB for me today 18:14, delighted with that! Although i had too much for breakie, annoyed with myself having to run with a full belly. Stupid.

A sub 18 attempt is on Paddy's weekend (MSB) but before that a sub 30 8k attempt in Tuam in January. Well done all today, loads of boardies PB's! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 alec eiffel

4 stars (good)
    Meijin, if it's any consolation, the girl with the buggy is a world rowing champion, international cyclist, triathlon winner and 36 minute 10 runner. I couldnt even beat her with a stick.

4 stars (good)
    Meijin, if it's any consolation, the girl with the buggy is a world rowing champion, international cyclist, triathlon winner and 36 minute 10 runner. I couldnt even beat her with a stick.
    Thanks, not that I really mind, but that explains it :) She seemed to run quite effortlessly past me, and with a buggy it must be more difficult.

4 stars (good)
    meijin wrote: »

Thanks for that link...i'm in pic no 45, (290)...must have been taken at a tough part of course:eek:..

anyone else find themselves???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

4 stars (good)
    Younganne wrote: »
    Thanks for that link...i'm in pic no 45, (290)...must have been taken at a tough part of course:eek:..

Most of the pics are of the finishing straight.

4 stars (good)
    on the sneaky little incline!!! that explains the faces of pain;):D

Advertisement