Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 12 Problems with EA Servers

Options
  • 30-09-2011 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

Has anyone else had a problem logging onto the EA servers with fifa 12?

Tried this a few times earlier today with no look, wasnt able to play an online game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Yep, thing is constantly knocking off!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

online for a few games before the rugby this morning, seems fine now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

It keeps telling me the EAS FC servers haven't recorded my info and it's not picking up some of my V.Pro accomplishments in the arena and in matches

3 fúcking matches played and the 3 have disconnected! Three of them against the computer on UT mode, it's a fúcking joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

im now 0-4 after winning all my matches, and i dont get coins because of the servers. Cheers EA

• Advertisement

rossism wrote: »
    im now 0-4 after winning all my matches, and i dont get coins because of the servers. Cheers EA
    Same fúcking thing with me! Love playing but no point if thats gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

its really putting me off, my DNF thing has dropped way down aswell meaning ill end up earning less coins if they ever fix it.

Ah well back to career mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

same issue here....im finding online play very laggy on my ps3 ....and also the game has froze completely 3 or 4 times and i have had to shut off the ps3.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I still haven't been able to log on to the EA servers even once since release day.

EA's online chat script monkeys are absolutely useless. They keep giving everyone the runaround - this is a known temporary issue - wait 24 hours and try again - clear the cache - reboot the router - blah blah blah.

The worst thing is that EA haven't even acknowledged that this is even an issue, so there's no official trail to watch for updates etc.

I'd be interested to see how many other boardsies are affected by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Enigma IE

I still haven't been able to log on to the EA servers even once since release day.

EA's online chat script monkeys are absolutely useless. They keep giving everyone the runaround - this is a known temporary issue - wait 24 hours and try again - clear the cache - reboot the router - blah blah blah.

The worst thing is that EA haven't even acknowledged that this is even an issue, so there's no official trail to watch for updates etc.

I'd be interested to see how many other boardsies are affected by this.

I read it's related to network latency, sorry can't find the link at present. If your round trip times to the EA game servers are over 300ms, you will have problems connecting. I've had loads of problems with Fifa 11 and also Fifa 12 now too.

Congestion and time of day would have bearing on your round-trip times, it may explain why it's so hit and miss. I'm on xbox by the way.

• Advertisement

Enigma IE wrote: »
    I read it's related to network latency, sorry can't find the link at present. If your round trip times to the EA game servers are over 300ms, you will have problems connecting. I've had loads of problems with Fifa 11 and also Fifa 12 now too.

Congestion and time of day would have bearing on your round-trip times, it may explain why it's so hit and miss. I'm on xbox by the way.

I'm on the 360 myself. I haven't heard about the latency issue, my pings are usually well below 300ms.
    I can connect with other EA games i.e. FIFA 11, its just the new servers FIFA 12 that won't let me in.

There are a good few reasons for it being thrown around the place currently. Don't know who's telling the truth or if they are just making things up. EA would need to get some sort of statement out on it.

Here's the most recent "new" reason I've found : Linky

I'm on the 360 myself. I haven't heard about the latency issue, my pings are usually well below 300ms.
    I can connect with other EA games i.e. FIFA 11, its just the new servers FIFA 12 that won't let me in.

There are a good few reasons for it being thrown around the place currently. Don't know who's telling the truth or if they are just making things up. EA would need to get some sort of statement out on it.

Here's the most recent "new" reason I've found : Linky

Sounds like BS to me to be honest. My best guess is that they haven'nt provisioned enough game servers on their end, therefore at peak times the performance / latency jumps and therefore people have problems connecting.

Also your ISP would be a factor, worth checking if they are members of INEX and how well connected they are. I'm on UPC, quite a few of my mates on UPC have same issues, but it's not specific to UPC.

Found that article I referred to earlier.

It's worth doing a tracert to the eagame servers at the time of your issue, just to see the round trip times.

e.g.

C:\Users\Brian>tracert easo.ea.com

Tracing route to easo.ea.com [159.153.234.54]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms x.x.x.x
    2 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms x.x.x.x.
    3 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms x.x.x.x
    4 1 ms 1 ms 2 ms x.x.x.x
    5 2 ms 1 ms 1 ms x.x.x.x
    6 * * * Request timed out.
    7 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms x.x.x.x.
    8 21 ms 23 ms 23 ms eircom-hosting-services-pe-ge2-0.edge1.cwm.dublin.eircom.net [159.134.120.33]
    9 21 ms 2 ms 19 ms ge2-1-0.corea.cwm.dublin.eircom.net [83.71.115.68]
    10 136 ms 100 ms 114 ms pos3-0-0.corea.hud.newyork.eircom.net [83.71.113.114]
    11 106 ms 108 ms 108 ms eth1-7.edge03.abn-iad.ea.com [206.223.115.55]
    12 106 ms 106 ms 130 ms 159.153.224.222
    13 106 ms 106 ms 107 ms fert07-eqx-iad.ea.com [159.153.224.230]
    14 136 ms 106 ms 107 ms meav5-pub.pt.iad.ea.com [159.153.226.105]
    15 107 ms 106 ms 107 ms easo.ea.com [159.153.234.54]

Trace complete.

C:\Users\Brian>

According to the article, if you see times just above 300ms you may not be able to connect. Assuming the tracert completes, you can ignore any "Request Timed Out" responses, many routers will be configured not to respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Having Similar Problems on the PS3.I can sign in no problem to the EA Servers.But after a couple of minutes , it seems to sign out.And im only playing carerr Mode.Im with UPC and any other game i play, is no Problem what so ever.

I've had similar issues with Tiger 12 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I'm on Perlico (Vodafone) and I've not had many issues, one game disconnected alright out of 8 or 9.
    I'd be interested to see the problems people are having and their setup.
    My setup is :

Platform : Xbox 360
    ISP : Perlico (Vodafone)
    Having trouble connecting : No, not yet anyway....only played 8 or 9 games so far

claiva wrote: »
    I'm on Perlico (Vodafone) and I've not had many issues, one game disconnected alright out of 8 or 9.
    I'd be intersted to see the problems people are having and their setup.
    My setup is :

Platform : Xbox 360
    ISP : Perlico (Vodafone)
    Having trouble connecting : No, not yet anyway....only played 8 or 9 games so far

Platform: Xbox 360
    ISP: UPC
    Problems: Had problems connecting to EA game servers twice since Friday PM. Just kept trying to login, got in after few attempts each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Anyone getting this message while trying to play Head to Head Seasons...

'there was a problem with the online roster check'.

So annoying. It was working fine, then suddenly my game froze, loaded it back up again and now everytime I go to play a Head to Head Seasons game this comes up. Custom games and Ultimate Team work fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 steo.s

Woofstuff wrote: »
    Has anyone else had a problem logging onto the EA servers with fifa 12?

Tried this a few times earlier today with no look, wasnt able to play an online game.

de prob is upc im sure

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

i'm looking for some xbox live players to join a FIFA 12 league - PM if you are interested

Cheers

Update :

Was on to EA support chat again last and guess what, I finally got onto someone who knew what they were doing and it looks like the profile corruption story is the most likely.

I initially asked the suport person to verify my age on my EA profile, and provided them with my gamertag etc.
    They came back asking me if I had any other games registered to my EA account, which I did - FIFA 11.
    They then asked for the online code for FIFA 11 that I used, and luckily I still had it.
    After that, they requested my real DOB. He updated my profile and asked me to log back in to the game, and everything worked perfectly.

I'm finally online with it, so if anyone else is having the same grief as me, go to the online chat section of EA support and just initialize the conversation with a request to know your birthday on your EA profile. Don't even metion FIFA at the start :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Has anybody managed to get Ultimate Team working on PS3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Has anybody managed to get Ultimate Team working on PS3?

yes and no...i dont play matches online as i got to a tournament final....it was ''searching'' for an opponent but then says connection lost with EA servers.

i was booted out and instead of playing the final i had to re start tournament again.

where are you having problems in Ultimate Team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I can play a match online no probs, but when the game is over it fails to connect to the server and therefore I get no coins and the game counts as a loss even if I've won.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

every single time i play a game in UT vs human or CPU at the end of the game when the coins screen appears i press advance and it says you have lost your connection to EA servers (i dont get any coins). This has happened with every single game i have 0 wins and 8 losses.

Is that my internet or the EA servers? and how can i fix this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sparkyb

has anybody found a solution on how to keep your ea connection after every ultimate match! its doin my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Anybody having problems with the ultimate team? Keeping getting cut off and there is no problem with my internet on my side...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

busyliving wrote: »
    Anybody having problems with the ultimate team? Keeping getting cut off and there is no problem with my internet on my side...

Yup, same thing every time, play the first half, then after about 30 seconds of the second half I get cut off......bloody annoying the hell out of me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭matchboxyouth

Same with me.. 12 games Ive played in Ultimate team, 11 wins, 4 of them, were like 6 or 7 goals in the difference, but as soon as I press advance, I get disconnected..One lad even quit on me, and when I pressed advance, I still got the loss.. It's f*cking incredible.. very dissapointed..
    Spent 50 quid on the packs, 60 on the game, and I have nothing to show for it but hours and hours of making a team with 100% chemistry, that is utterly useless. is everyone here a UPC customer thats geting these ultimate team cut offs? By the way when i play normal head to head its fine..its just the ultimate team that cuts off

• Advertisement

im starting to get a feeling that its my UPC connection.....tried logging into my account on a friends ps3 and it was working like a charm :mad:

dont know what to do now :confused:

Advertisement