Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 12 Problems with EA Servers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I'm having trouble logging on the last hour, first connection problems I've had with Fifa12 so far. I'm with Eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

I can't log in at the moment. First time I've had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

4real wrote: »
    im starting to get a feeling that its my UPC connection.....tried logging into my account on a friends ps3 and it was working like a charm :mad:

dont know what to do now :confused:

Prob just would router settings...as I'm on UPC and I've only had problem on one night and its been working ever since then

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭matchboxyouth

I was thinkin it was my UPC aswell but, I see there is people all over the world with the same problem.. I got through to EA live support and they reckon my ISP does not have some of its ports open so I cant play online, but I can play head to head all day if I want, just the ultimate team cuts off, at the exact same time, just when I press advance, it has to be a glitch on EA's side..I'm suspicious of them, they've never quite got this online thing right, and I think with FIFA 12 they've bitten off more than they can chew. they cant keep up with the demand. I see they are doing a lot of updates and stuff at the mo, so if mine starts working i'll let ye all know as soon as it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

I was thinkin it was my UPC aswell but, I see there is people all over the world with the same problem.. I got through to EA live support and they reckon my ISP does not have some of its ports open so I cant play online, but I can play head to head all day if I want, just the ultimate team cuts off, at the exact same time, just when I press advance, it has to be a glitch on EA's side..I'm suspicious of them, they've never quite got this online thing right, and I think with FIFA 12 they've bitten off more than they can chew. they cant keep up with the demand. I see they are doing a lot of updates and stuff at the mo, so if mine starts working i'll let ye all know as soon as it happens

so do you reckon we should ask UPC to have them ports open and then see if that fixes the problem?

• Advertisement

ya ring and see, let me know how you get on

I rang UPC and they said everything seems to be fine on their side..so it must be EA..

• Registered Users Posts: 37 DelBoyCORCAIGH

Mine has never disconnected during a game but disconnect's literally every 2 minutes when im just going through the menu's !

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

Seriously getting pissed about this disconnecting its definitely an EA server issue, I've started doing speed and ping test immediately after disconnecting and my internet is perfect. It happens in ultimate team the most I have 140 games played about 20 losses due to disconnect. :mad::mad::mad:

How come it never disconnects when you are buying packs. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

I rang UPC and they said everything seems to be fine on their side..so it must be EA..

i tried logging into my psn account at my friends place who also has UPC,
    it worked like a charm, no disconnections whatsoever and no EASFC Errors every 5 minutes either.

A few days later i called my friend to try his account on my ps3 and it disconnected after every UT game, also it was giving EASFC error every 5 minutes.

Now EA has updated fifa 12 recently and that still didn't seem to fix this problem, so my guess is its defo my INTERNET!!!!:mad:

• Advertisement

4real wrote: »
    i tried logging into my psn account at my friends place who also has UPC,
    it worked like a charm, no disconnections whatsoever and no EASFC Errors every 5 minutes either.

A few days later i called my friend to try his account on my ps3 and it disconnected after every UT game, also it was giving EASFC error every 5 minutes.

Now EA has updated fifa 12 recently and that still didn't seem to fix this problem, so my guess is its defo my INTERNET!!!!:mad:

But I take it you dont get disconnected from the PSN network every time you lose connection to the EA servers :confused: Have a pc ready and do a speed and ping test straight after you get disconnected from FUT the next time. I get disconnected about 1 in 5 games but could it be a lot worse!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Lads its not the EA servers...Its not your Broadband Conncetion.

Its your NAT TYPE.

look it up. It needs to change to NAT TYPE 1 or 2.

Most of ye are probably not getting games due to your NAT TYPE being on TYPE 3.

I have been playing FIFA 11 AND 12 and never experienced problems with servers.

maybe the very Odd time. once in a blue moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Its your NAT TYPE.

Can play games no problems whatsoever, Head to Head or friendly seasons etc. It just disconnects from the EA servers AFTER you play a match online.

I'm on a NAT 2.

Its your NAT TYPE.

I'm also on NAT TYPE 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

im NAT TYPE 1. never had issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Marco85

i have nat type 2 but have a restrictive firewall according to fifa. it used to be moderate and then last year when they done an update on fifa 11 it changed to restrictive and led me to have problems playing head to head online. 100's of people had the same problem on fifa forums and ea admitted they caused a problem and never done anything about it. i havent had to many problems playing online in fifa 12 but that mite change a couple of months down the line when there isnt as many people online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 robb575

the same thing is happning to me literly every time i play, it disconects me after EVERY match, head mealting, im on nat type 2, upc, any help would be really great, its in ultmite team btw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

I'm on vodafone 8mb and i haven't got the chance to complete one game yet, it's always disconnecting, not sure if it's more to do with vodafone than ea to be honest

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Been looking into this issue quite a bit for my brother, the issue hes having is after an ultimate team match after he chooses "advance" it disconnects from the EA server... He can play the entire match without a hiccup but at this point every time it fails.

We have UPC 25Mb with the EP2425 Modem. I have tried everything port forwarding, DMZ etc and every game and service other than the scenario mentioned above works.

If we bring the playstation to a house using another ISP such as eircom, it works 100%

After doing some googling the above problem seems to be with UPC, and Virgin Media in the UK (they also use a similar Cisco Modem) other ISPs work fine or just experience issues due to EA server load etc.

So I dont know if its some obscure problem with how ultimate team is implemented that disagress with the Cisco Modem, or if its some obscure problem with the Cisco Modem that only causes issues with Ultimate Team but either way I see no solution.

For anyone desperate to get it working on UPC there may be a solution but you must put the modem in bridge mode which disables the phone service and the router / Wifi and basically turns it back into a dumb modem. If you connect directly to port 1 on the modem you may be able to play. or you can use a 3rd party router. This isnt an option for me as I use the phone service

Some details here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

There were definite issues today! Once again the series was struck down by the FIFA gods...Hit Semifinal only to have server freeze on next match. Back to square one! Frustrating...

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's rubbish to be fair. It's crashing a lot now, and today I can't play any head to head matches because my online squad file doesn't match my opponents. That would be fine, but I've never even looked at changing anything like that, and I have no interest in doing it. And of course it can't connect to the EA servers. After a whole month?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

On eircom guys and I rarely get to finish a game - usually disconnects resulting in me losing the game :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Renn wrote: »
    On eircom guys and I rarely get to finish a game - usually disconnects resulting in me losing the game :/

That's strange. I rarely disconnect and I'm with eircom too and if I do its eircoms fault! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 webby777

Woofstuff wrote: »
    Has anyone else had a problem logging onto the EA servers with fifa 12?

Tried this a few times earlier today with no look, wasnt able to play an online game.

yes i am having problems logging in and when i do it says eas fc error its getting very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 webby777

conzymaher wrote: »
    Been looking into this issue quite a bit for my brother, the issue hes having is after an ultimate team match after he chooses "advance" it disconnects from the EA server... He can play the entire match without a hiccup but at this point every time it fails.

We have UPC 25Mb with the EP2425 Modem. I have tried everything port forwarding, DMZ etc and every game and service other than the scenario mentioned above works.

If we bring the playstation to a house using another ISP such as eircom, it works 100%

After doing some googling the above problem seems to be with UPC, and Virgin Media in the UK (they also use a similar Cisco Modem) other ISPs work fine or just experience issues due to EA server load etc.

So I dont know if its some obscure problem with how ultimate team is implemented that disagress with the Cisco Modem, or if its some obscure problem with the Cisco Modem that only causes issues with Ultimate Team but either way I see no solution.

For anyone desperate to get it working on UPC there may be a solution but you must put the modem in bridge mode which disables the phone service and the router / Wifi and basically turns it back into a dumb modem. If you connect directly to port 1 on the modem you may be able to play. or you can use a 3rd party router. This isnt an option for me as I use the phone service

Some details here

i have the exact same pproblem as u do u know any other way to do it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Sorry for the bump of this thread but I really need some help if anyone knows, I am on vodafone 8mb, with old bt modem, before the latest upgrade I had no problem playing online h2h barely ever got disconnected, now almost 50% of my games disconnect resulting in me losing the points even tho I am usually a goal r 2 ahead when I disconnect does anyone have a solution to this problem would a new modem help??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I left Vodafone because I was having so many issues with internet (in general and online gaming). Now with UPC and only one drop.....and that worked in my favor - behind on penalties and stayed in cup :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Ok may change isp as this is doing my head in, thinking of eircom, as upc dont seem to do my area, just wondering how people are getting on with fifa 12 and eircom?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

EA servers down again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

They seem to be down again now, don't know what's up with them lately!

Advertisement