Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clamping??

Options
  • 30-09-2011 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

has anyone gotten clamped while been in Nowlan Park Kilkenny watching a match?? as going to one sunday and was told there were cars clamped last weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Just park legally and you will be fine.

O Loughlins and Eurospar are the best spots.

If you park in one of the estates e.g. Lakeside you will probably be clamped.

Check this out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Honestly can't say I blame the residents, they are entitled to be able to part outside their own houses/apartments and if the estate isn't handed to the council yet its private property essentially.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I wouldn't blame residents either. If I lived in one of the estates constantly being blocked up by match parking, I'd be fairly p!ssed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

As one of those residents I can tell you how horrible it is.

My Mum lives up towards Hebron. When there are matches on there are cars parked on the path from the entrance to Kieran's Cemetery all the way to the entrance to the first estate near Hebron. They park on both sides on the road. On one side they park on the path so you can only walk down it in single file. If you have a buggy good luck to you. As there are cars parked on the other side of the road only one car can drive up or down at one time but, as so many cars are parked on either side of the road, there is nowhere to pull in so if two cars go up or down it is mayhem.

If you do actually manage to get down to the end of the road cars are also parked on both sides of the Hebron Road, right up to the entrance of every junction. This reduces driving to one lane but also gives no visibility if you're driving out on to the road. It also means there is no parking for anyone who wants to visit the graveyard. On the road up to Eurospar the Gardai put down bollards saying no parking and people park 100% on the path behind the bollards and somehow that's ok?!

We've spoken to the Council about it and they say it's a Gardai issue. We've spoken to the Gardai about it and they say it's a Council issue. All I know is nothing is ever done about it and it leaves us like prisoners in our own homes. The cars are clearly parked illegally but because it's a GAA match its ok. I have nothing against GAA supporters or GAA, but I don't think it's fair that rules of the road can be ignored when a match is on. In any other town you're not allowed park illegally and cause serious hazards because a match on is. I've gone to a few matches in Thurles and had to walk miles to get to the stadium after parking. It wasn't an issue and nobody had a problem with it but in Kilkenny you can practically park on the pitch.

/end rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I live in Lakeside and dont have a parking permit. I haven't been clamped at all. Do they have some kind of database, car reg to the house number?

• Advertisement
Advertisement