Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDF Recruitment this December

• 30-09-2011 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Heard from an ex-ARW soldier that the pdf will be recruiting 40 lads in the south this december. Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone whose interested. He runs courses on how to pass army recruitment tests, so its in his interest to know these things i suppose. Can anyone else verify this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

To be honest theres rumours going around everywhere, will applicants only be from the last recruitment process be taken ?, probably imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

doesnt make sence, not being rude to anyone who didnt make it last time but if they didnt make the cut last year how come theyre good enough now, wouldnt that just produce rec. platoons of varied quality? Also how many of the people who were givin numbers last year now dont want to join.

id say its guarenteed to be last years applicants because thats the cheapest option. oh well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

c-90 wrote: »
    doesnt make sence, not being rude to anyone who didnt make it last time but if they didnt make the cut last year how come theyre good enough now, wouldnt that just produce rec. platoons of varied quality? Also how many of the people who were givin numbers last year now dont want to join.

id say its guarenteed to be last years applicants because thats the cheapest option. oh well :(

I think last year priority was given to people who had applied before for the places.

People who were applying for the first time last year who might have done well in selection would have had that going against them.

doesnt make sence, not being rude to anyone who didnt make it last time but if they didnt make the cut last year how come theyre good enough now, wouldnt that just produce rec.

I'm sorry that is a very stupid comment, how can you justify people not getting in last year by saying they were not good enough, that's like saying people who apply for the cadets more than one time and get in the third time are not worthy either ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

I'm sorry that is a very stupid comment, how can you justify people not getting in last year by saying they were not good enough, that's like saying people who apply for the cadets more than one time and get in the third time are not worthy either ?

people who apply for the cadets more than one time aslo do the competition more than one time and obviously for a good reason. if they get in on the thrid attempt its becasue they improved or the applicants werent as good as the last 2 or 3 times. applying more than once will show determination and that they want the position but fair is fair, if you dont come in the allocated places you dont make it, if you come close you can be a sub if someone drops out.

sorry if it offends you, but im standing by my comment if the applicant wasnt good enough for last years positions how could you justify him being good enough for this years BAR he scored higher in a new competition.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Alan 1990

Because thousands applied last year for only a few positions, the PDF could not recruit everyone even if the passed the physical/interview so it's essentially 'round 2' now and there trying to gather up others that they were impressed with. In a lot of cases it's nothing to do with not being good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭amurph0

people who apply for the cadets more than one time aslo do the competition more than one time and obviously for a good reason. if they get in on the thrid attempt its becasue they improved or the applicants werent as good as the last 2 or 3 times. applying more than once will show determination and that they want the position but fair is fair, if you dont come in the allocated places you dont make it, if you come close you can be a sub if someone drops out.

sorry if it offends you, but im standing by my comment if the applicant wasnt good enough for last years positions how could you justify him being good enough for this years BAR he scored higher in a new competition.
    :)

There was over 1,500 applicants to SBde alone, with only 40 places. Just because a person doesn't get into the top 40 doesn't mean they aren't good enough for the army. It just means they didn't get into the top 40.

If there wasn't a recruitment embargo then those same people would have gotten in. They didn't get in in the last intake because there was no space, so your point makes no sense.

And just so you know there is panel of candidates that is made up of people who applied in September of 2010. Those candidates PASSED the fitness AND the interview and are simply on a waiting list to get in. Only those 40 so far taken on for training plus 10 or so subs went on to do the medical.

Anyone taken from the current panel will move onto the medical and on passing that will start training.

Also the current panel is set to expire on the 1st of January 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 groundshaker

Just got an email two days ago inviting me to attend for medicals and fitness test. One problem though, passing out in Catterick very soon! Bit late now!

amurph0 wrote: »
    There was over 1,500 applicants to SBde alone, with only 40 places. Just because a person doesn't get into the top 40 doesn't mean they aren't good enough for the army. It just means they didn't get into the top 40.

If there wasn't a recruitment embargo then those same people would have gotten in. They didn't get in in the last intake because there was no space, so your point makes no sense.

And just so you know there is panel of candidates that is made up of people who applied in September of 2010. Those candidates PASSED the fitness AND the interview and are simply on a waiting list to get in. Only those 40 so far taken on for training plus 10 or so subs went on to do the medical.

Anyone taken from the current panel will move onto the medical and on passing that will start training.

Also the current panel is set to expire on the 1st of January 2012.

Think i ended up placed around 190 on that list. I knew three other lads who applied and none of them got it either. One of those lads i expected to walk in there. He was a good bit higher up the list than me so hopefully he might get a call this time.

Just got an email two days ago inviting me to attend for medicals and fitness test. One problem though, passing out in Catterick very soon! Bit late now!
    Goodluck with the rest of training in Catterick. I've got the forms filled out and to be sent off after Christmas, just getting my fitness up a bit first :D

• Advertisement

Friend of mine got called to do a medical for the Southern Brigade. He was high up enough on the list though. I'd told him last week to check his email after seeing this thread. Glad at least one of us got it.

I'm starting training over in Pirbright in January anyway so i dont need to be jealous.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I'm starting training over in Pirbright in January anyway so i dont need to be jealous.:D

Ahhh Pirbright... I'll be seeing you there! You going RA?

discus wrote: »
    Ahhh Pirbright... I'll be seeing you there! You going RA?

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 groundshaker

Goodluck with the rest of training in Catterick. I've got the forms filled out and to be sent off after Christmas, just getting my fitness up a bit first :D

Thanks mucker, I pass out tomorrow! It's going to be a long shine parade tonight!

Got an email from Southern Brigade saying that the Navy will be recruiting soon and to respond to the email if interested in applying.

I've no interest in the Navy but anyone here who does should probably check their email if they applied to join the army last year.

Advertisement