Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT! - Nokia 6230i needs to be brought back to life

Options
  • 30-09-2011 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭

My cherished phone Nokia 6230i fell into water 5minutes ago, turns on but wont get passed the PIN as the keypad wont work :mad: I badly need the memory/hard drive of this phone retrieved as very important numbers and information are on it.

Can this be done? and does anyone know anyone that could do it for me? i have another 6230i here at home that I could use as a new one just swap the hard drive...

Really need your help here on this matter :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

put it in a bag of rice leave it 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

put it in a bag of rice leave it 2 days

Are you serious or after a few drinks? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

take out battery and dont try to turn it on at all and then do what siobhan has said. 2 days, not a few hours!! ;) You may though already have done damage by trying to turn it on. Fingers crossed not though

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,317 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As already stated, the best way to dry out a phone is to put it in a ziploc bag full of rice and put it in the hot press for a couple of days. The rice absorbs the moisture in the phone. It's not 100% guaranteed, but I do know people it has worked for.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

+1 on the rice idea. It got an old phone working for me after water damage, although it sounds like you may have done more damage than I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

cookie1977 wrote: »
    take out battery and dont try to turn it on at all and then do what siobhan has said. 2 days, not a few hours!! ;) You may though already have done damage by trying to turn it on. Fingers crossed not though

Its screwed so. Turned it off as fast as I could then after I was taking the covers off turned it on by accident

It might not be. Keep the fingers and toes crossed for 2 days. Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

UNCOOKED RICE!!!!!!

HAHA lol Laugh of the week for me. Thanks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Still worth trying it for a couple of days drying out. Also some stuff might be on the sim and the memory card. You might get lucky yet. These days people should keep a regular backup of their phone aswell as their computer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement