Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second Hand Racer/Road Bikes

• 30-09-2011 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey,

Myself and my wife have both got mountain bikes recently and realized that a road/racer bike would have been more suitable for what we intended to use the bike for.

Could anyone tell me any places that trade in bikes for second hand road/racer bikes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

BasuGasu wrote: »
    Hey,

Myself and my wife have both got mountain bikes recently and realized that a road/racer bike would have been more suitable for what we intended to use the bike for.

Could anyone tell me any places that trade in bikes for second hand road/racer bikes?

I got me oul chap one on Done deal, And the brother picked up one a while back on Ebay from the UK. The postage isnt as rough as you'd think. plenty of deals out there with the Cycle to work boys who just realised they live 40 miles away from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭BasuGasu

Thanks for the reply!

I'm more looking to trade the bikes in against another used bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭pgd-pgd

Stagg cycles in Lucan Village. They wouldn't be too far away from you.

Link:
    http://www.staggcycles.com/component/option,com_contact/Itemid,3/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Thanks for the reply!

I'm more looking to trade the bikes in against another used bike.

You'll do better if you sell your own on adverts/donedeal etc and pick up a s/h road bike on the same site

pgd-pgd wrote: »
    Stagg cycles in Lucan Village. They wouldn't be too far away from you.

Link:
    http://www.staggcycles.com/component/option,com_contact/Itemid,3/

Was talking to Jimmy Stagg the other day and unfortunately they only take trade in's off New bikes not the second hand ones!

• Advertisement

Diarmuid wrote: »
    You'll do better if you sell your own on adverts/donedeal etc and pick up a s/h road bike on the same site

Yeah, I had one of the bikes up for about 8 or 9 months and wasn't getting any serious offers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Yeah, I had one of the bikes up for about 8 or 9 months and wasn't getting any serious offers.

I haven't seen any bike shops taking trade ins for a few years (most bike shops I have seen with second hand bikes actually just take them free of charge) but if you do find one, you will have to remember that the fact you can't get any serious offers for your bike indicates that you are unlikely to get any serious offers from a bike shop as they may realise how hard it is to shift the bike for the price they give you.

Advertisement