Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q re Sliding Doors

• 30-09-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there,

Just wondering if anybody has installed sliding doors between 2 rooms (living and dining room) and whether they were able to use normal/standard doors modified to sliding doors using the rails ect. or is there a better option out there specificially companies selling sliding doors ect. .

Thanks,

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

helsbells wrote: »
    Hi there,

Just wondering if anybody has installed sliding doors between 2 rooms (living and dining room) and whether they were able to use normal/standard doors modified to sliding doors using the rails ect. or is there a better option out there specificially companies selling sliding doors ect. .

Thanks,

Yes,2 normal internal doors hung on a ball bearing sliding track works a treat.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 helsbells

Thanks for posting the photo, the doors look brilliant, really really nice. I will be delighted if mine works out as great. Now to hunt down best value doors, and somebody to fit for me! any tips?

cheers
    H

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

helsbells wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the photo, the doors look brilliant, really really nice. I will be delighted if mine works out as great. Now to hunt down best value doors, and somebody to fit for me! any tips?

cheers
    H

A decent carpenter can do this quite easily for you.Its not rocket science.

As for doors,try anywhere from builders providers to door and floor showrooms.

Play 1 shop off the other for the best deal,and haggle like feck too.

Allways works for me.:D

Advertisement