Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are O Connors bakery opening a coffee shop in Ennis?

• 30-09-2011 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

That's what I heard today but my source wouldn't be the most realible.
    I'd love if they did, I love their rolls.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

sounds good, I'd go there. They are always so accommodating in the bakery. If they do open one, i wish them well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

They are after doing up their shop in Parnell St. and I noticed that the back is still blanked off, they might be putting something in there, I wouldn't think their other shops would have enough space for a sit down area, although they do make up rolls in all their shops.

I'm a massive fan of O'Connors, if I've ever visitors coming the fridge will be full of coffee slices & fresh cream doughnuts, their toffee cake is amazing, ooh and their chocolate ganache (sp.). I had their cake for my wedding and served it as the desert, it was beautiful, Mrs. Clareman is a big fan of their biscuit cake, better stop getting them or she'll become a bigger fan :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Find their brown bread too salty.
    But have no criticism whatsoever of their Maltesers Treats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

Yes they are (back of Parnell St shop).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

I hope they do a nice filtered coffee like you get in N.Y and not the muck that passes as coffee. Havent bought a decent cup of coffee out, since I left N.y, Have to make it myself with starbuck's beans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Can't believe they are only getting around to this now........they have had a coffee shop in Gort for donkey's years ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

They hope to open by the end of this week - serving sandwiches, panini, etc. It looks quite small though.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

there is an oconnors cafe at the top of cruises st and its always nice
    good to see one coming to ennis
    poppyvalley you will not get a coffee as good as starbucks in ennis!! (well costa might be the best of em all)!!!
    buy the ground starbucks in tesco ... hmmmm i can smell it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Hawk Wing 2

the ground coffee in Aldi is exceptionally good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I find most of the stuff in O'Connors pretty underwhelming. The other bakeries are far better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

I find most of the stuff in O'Connors pretty underwhelming. The other bakeries are far better.

Do you mean Carries Cakes?, the only other one I can think of. mm... havent tried them since Jean-Pierre left. Might do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Agree ... not a fan of them either.
    An occasional coffee slice is OK but I'm not gone on the rest of their stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

One down the end of Parnell St has pretty good bread. G's cafe do some of the best cake i've ever eaten.

Unglerts in Ennistymon is great too. Don't get out that direction very often sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Unglerts rocks :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

thats great news, I usually go to the one in cruises st in Limerick also. Love their coffee slices and the caramel gateux is fab!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Ann Marie O'Connor of O'Connor's Bakery won "Best New Product" in the Blas na hEireann (National Irish Food Awards) two weeks ago for her mince meat (Christmas Mincepies).

BLAS NA HEIREANN MAJOR AWARDS OF THE NIGHT

Business Diversification Award, Sponsored by AIB – presented by Padraic O’Connor, AIB Dingle - Limerick Strand Hotel for The Secret Ingredient Range of Products

The Seafood Innovation Award, Sponsored by BIM – presented by Susan Steele - Keoghans for their microwaveable Salmon with butter

Best New Emerging Food Producer from Kerry, Sponsored by Kerry Enterprise – presented by Tomas Hayes – The Cloudberry Bakery

Best New Product,
    Sponsored by Enterprise Ireland – presented by Gareth Dee - O’Connors Bakery for their Mince Meat

Rogha na Gaeltachta, Sponsored by Udaras na Gaeltachta – presented by Seamus Cosai - Blurini Blasta

Best Artisan Producer,
    Sponsored by An Bord Bia – presented by Eileen Bently - Una’s Pies

http://www.irishfoodawards.com/about.asp?id=226

Advertisement