Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asthma On A Plane

Options
  • 30-09-2011 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Ok I'm travelling to Australia on a WHV, I was just wondering how much I can take on a plane with me, Would I be able to take like 10 aerosels or is there a restriction

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Technically you are only supposed to carry what you need for the duration of the journey with you on board a plane. I had no trouble carrying a few months worth of insulin and asthma inhalers with me in my carry on to New Zealand a couple of years ago though. Biggest issue is going to be finding the space for all your stuff in your carry on.

But, if your carrying so much stuff that it looks like you are trying to import the drugs then customs could be liable to stop you on arrival. If you are travelling over long term then you are better off to register with the local GP and get local prescriptions when you get there. You may even find that the condition of your asthma is different once you are over there, the severity of mine changes quite a bit depending on what part of the UK or Ireland I happen to be living in at the time. You may find that Oz atmosphere suits you better, or it might not and you need a different inhaler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

The thing is im travelling to australia on a WHV so ill be there for a year or not, So you think its safe to bring a few months supply then

Advertisement