Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Downsydrome Club in Cavan

Options
  • 30-09-2011 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi I would like to know if there would be potential for a Downsydrome Club in Cavan. One night a week for people to come to a club in Cavan town to play snooker, darts, other games and have a cuppa tea with maybe bit of music in backround (CDs). I would love to set this up. There is one in Monaghan called the Arch Club and it works well. My uncle was a member and I know he thoroughly enjoyed going to it, he sadly has passed away. Just want to know if there are many downsyndrome people in Cavan that would like to attend - if u are a family member and think this would suit u and your family to attend can u please contact me. If I get enough people I will source pool table/ snooker table/ hall / games etc... Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SimpAbund13

Apologies for miss spelling in Title I have asked IT to change it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 SimpAbund13

If u know someone that mite be interested in my new club please let them know

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

There's a daily club in Cootehill. I think its located behind the supervaule.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

get in touch with the downsyndrome association ireland there a big organisation and l'm sure they could help you

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

There's a daily club in Cootehill. I think its located behind the supervaule.

I dont think that is the same as what the OP wants...the place in Cootehill is actually know as Drumlin House and is a Training Centre for people with intellectual disability.Here is the address and phone number.

Drumlin House
    Cooneys Row
    Cootehill, Co. Cavan
    (049) 5552605

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Thanks for clearing that up. I ask a friend up there so I was not 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Thanks for clearing that up. I ask a friend up there so I was not 100%.

No probs Bill....

Advertisement