Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Highlights v all over colour!!!

• 01-10-2011 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey guys - appealing to hairdressers out there. I'm a natural blonde & I've been getting highlights for the past ten years, gradually I'm getting lighter. I'm pretty lucky with regards to roots, because I'm naturally blonde the regrowth wouldn't be as noticeable. Ideally I could get away with getting them done twice a year but I usually go about four times as I hate it when my hair gets dull. I've always wanted an all over blonde (not pure bleach or platinum) but surely I have other options rather than highlights?? Everytime I ask a hairdresser this I'm talked out of it - the same story "oh you don't need to do that, you're very lucky you're naturally light, I would stick to highlights". Surely that's not my only option for the rest of my life, I don't want just strands of my hair to be really blonde I want a whole head of it!! Any suggestions, how should I word it to any hairdresser that this it isn't a bad idea?? I just wanna be mega blonde basically!! :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Melli

Hey Lolo,
    I'm not a hairdresser but I have the same colour hair as you mentioned, naturally light blonde and was getting highlights for years which cost me a fortune and always being told highlights were the only way. Recently I got my hair cut short, short in a pixie type crop and bleached it with an all over white blonde tint(after searching hard for a hairdresser that was willing to do this). While the result was pretty cool, it damaged my hair more than highlights ever have, left it dry and snapping off. Also the re-growth was much more obvious even though my hair is naturally quite light. I am now growing my hair longer and going back to getting highlights as I think for me, this is a better option.
    If you try the all over colour just be aware that you will really need to condition it like crazy as it dries it out so so so much! Hope this helps. Happy colouring :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

Unless you would consider home colouring with a box dye I don't really know?

I have naturally kind of dirty blonde/reddish hair but I've been using the Nice N' Easy ultra light blonde dyes in my hair for about 3 years and now my hair is just blonde. That's it, I don't grow out into roots, it just gets a little dull and that's when I know to dye it again. It's cheaper and in a way more manageable as it's so difficult to lighten hair yourself that you know you'll be getting a gradual result rather than something drastic that you may regret.

Other than that, talk to hairdressers! Obviously they know best but they'll always discourage you from damaging your hair, oh they love giving me abuse about dying mine and then punishing me by chopping it all off :rolleyes: :)

Advertisement