Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vape on a plane?

Options
  • 01-10-2011 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

I'm sitting here vaping away and a possibly ridiculous thought came into my head: seeing as these devices produce a vapour rather than a smoke, is it crazy to imagine having a few puffs in the jacks on a long-haul flight?

I appreciate that these products are not widely known as yet.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

Ive had i with these mother****ing vapes on this mother****ing plane!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScB_VPJXVyflERRXK6Cs8m6w4ajvOSFYbG0SLgoRMVQbjV3RgbrJNFbrk4og

I wouldnt chance it just yet OP, I wonder what the official stance is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i've got kind of a fever so.. maybe i'm not getting the humour here, but.. you can use them on airplanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Easy Jet allow them, possibly Ryan Air. BMI Air Lingus and the rest have disallow them. Also in America the Gov is currently considering a complete ban on planes.
    I say disallowed because its never mentioned on the websites but usual in the on flight mag somewhere. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission I say, if confronted apologize, plead ignorance and stop. Stealth is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

but would the vapor set an alarm off if u used it in the toilet ? or even stealth vaped in ur seat ;)

If you're stealth vapin, theirs little or no vapor ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I have stealth vaped on planes several times now. Nothing has blown up yet although maybe if I vaped and turned my phone on we would go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

I have vaped on Ryanair, Aer Lingus and SAS without any problems, I didn't hide it but wasn't blowing smoke rings.

Its a bit like vaping in a bar your not to sure off, keep it low key until you are more familiar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Cassiopee

I've been vaping absolutely everywhere for 3 months : train, bus, pub, restaurant... (no plane yet but I'll find out next week). Nobody has ever said anything! Even when my vapor is thick and obvious. I think that as long as it has no smell, nobody gives a damn!

We Irish don't like confrontation so even if someone didn't like it they would just shut up.
    Management tends to leave well enough alone till theirs a complaint. Again better to ask forgiveness than permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I may be wrong but I think I heard that vapour will set off the new smoke alarms that some American airlines have installed.

On a side note I was in Brazil last month vaping away in an outdoor cafe and within the space of 5 minutes I had three guys come up to me offering to sell me weed....probably mistook my Ego for some form of hash pipe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

Since I have got mine I have vaped everywhere. Walking around shops, pubs etc. No one has said anything to me. I got a few strange looks alright but **** it.

On a side note I was in Brazil last month vaping away in an outdoor cafe and within the space of 5 minutes I had three guys come up to me offering to sell me weed....
    Thanks for the tip bubba, if I'm ever in Brazil I'll know how to score ;)
    Seriously, the amount of times the second thing i get asked after what's that "can you put a bud in it?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

gebbel wrote: »
    I'm sitting here vaping away and a possibly ridiculous thought came into my head: seeing as these devices produce a vapour rather than a smoke, is it crazy to imagine having a few puffs in the jacks on a long-haul flight?

I appreciate that these products are not widely known as yet.

I vaped my brains out in the jacks on Virgin flights to/from Orlando from the UK. They do announce that e-cigs aren't allowed but their smoke detectors dont pick it up. What was awesome about the newer Virgin Airbus's is the usb port on the head rest in front of you for charging stuff.:D
    I also stealth vaped in the seat when things were quiet. The fan above you takes care of the vapour and the smell of fart on a plane kills whatever little odour comes from the juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

the smell of fart on a plane kills whatever little odour comes from the juice.

So true - early morning flights are a nightmare for this very reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

mrplop wrote: »
    So true - early morning flights are a nightmare for this very reason...

Man, I lol'ed at your username given what we're talking about.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Bubba9 wrote: »

On a side note I was in Brazil last month vaping away in an outdoor cafe and within the space of 5 minutes I had three guys come up to me offering to sell me weed....probably mistook my Ego for some form of hash pipe.

That is because you can get vaps for cannabis too you put your weed or hash oil in and it vaporizes the resin which is where the active cannabinoids are. so you can smoke with out inhaling horrible carcinogens. :)

Advertisement