Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gain Greyhound Food in Dublin

• 01-10-2011 7:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get my hands on some Gain Greyhound Food in Dublin?

I emailed the company a few weeks ago for their stockist list but have heard nothing back.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

www.gainfeeds.com/greyhound/contact

ring mr fox or mr rigney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Pet Shop on the Long Mile Road, at the back of Aldi. Purrfect Pets I think it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

The Dog Food Depot on the Belgard Rd Tallaght stock greyhound found. Not sure about Gain But i know they stock the Redmills kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

TaraR wrote: »
    The Dog Food Depot on the Belgard Rd Tallaght stock greyhound found. Not sure about Gain But i know they stock the Redmills kind.

PetMania sell it too or hold out til next week and get a bargain at pet expo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Tried Wackers in Donaghmede but they didn't stick GAIN.
    Managed to find a stockist on the old N2 on the way to Ashbourne. Not the easiest place to find, just before May Stores, signposted Queens Potatoes for sale with a small GAIN Horse feeds sign at the bottom.
    The Retired Greyhound food is €13 for 15kg compared to nearly €45 for what I was using previously. The protein, oil etc values are all exactly the same.
    Coat is shining, poos are solid. Great stuff all round. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Managed to find a stockist on the old N2 on the way to Ashbourne. Not the easiest place to find, just before May Stores, signposted Queens Potatoes for sale with a small GAIN Horse feeds sign at the bottom.
    The Retired Greyhound food is €13 for 15kg compared to nearly €45 for what I was using previously. The protein, oil etc values are all exactly the same.

I'm very interested in finding out more about this food. What kind of dog do you have? Is it a working type dog with lots of energy etc? I have a bearded collie who is just six months and was thinking of moving him onto this but don't want him to be too hyper etc. He is classed as a working dog even though he doesn't iykwim. He does have a bit of a dickey tummy when given the other cheap muck with colours and additives in it so he's quite sensitive, so it will be either this or Whites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

SlimCi wrote: »

I'm very interested in finding out more about this food. What kind of dog do you have? Is it a working type dog with lots of energy etc? I have a bearded collie who is just six months and was thinking of moving him onto this but don't want him to be too hyper etc. He is classed as a working dog even though he doesn't iykwim. He does have a bit of a dickey tummy when given the other cheap muck with colours and additives in it so he's quite sensitive, so it will be either this or Whites.

The one I bought is called GAIN Retired Greyhound food so it shouldn't make him hyper. We have a Boxer but the bloke selling it said people with all sorts of dogs use it, from terriers up.

Our Boxer has a very delicate tum too but fingers crossed this seems to be very good.

For €13 you can try it and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Absolutely thanks for taking the time to reply! Sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mark1310

added suger in foods make dogs hyper ..notting else,,,, keep boxers and show them im also a pet nutrionist .. il try help you out

Advertisement