Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What does a childcare assistant and a chilcare worker do?

• 01-10-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi there!
    I am looking for a job around Galway and I would like to apply for a childcare job but I don't know what does a childcare assistant nor a childcare worker do. I mean, do the childcare assistant do the bad job? Like cleaning or mind the children?
    What diploma need a childcare assistant?

Thanks for helping

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

your required to have the minimum qualification of a level 5 in childcare.

I'm currently doing level 6 in childcare management.I don't know why you though that a child practitioner will do the bad work.You are expected to develop activities for children of varies ages.Also to prepare for dinner/snack times and also do nappy changes and clean at closing time.
    I did work experience during the study of level 5 and was employed in the summer.I really enjoy it and loved every aspect of it and I hope in the future to open my own creche.

if you have any other qs you can post them up ^-^

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ponyo

thanks for the information.

I am actually french, that's why i didn't know about it exactly. I have a good experience with children. I working for 6 years now in day care centers and before and after school and lunch break. I don't have a FETAC though... But a certificate to work with children. I hope it can work out for me.

Is FETAC expensive to get? I saw there was a course in Galway for 1500 euro and i thought it was quite expensive.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

There can be a lot of paperwork involved in the job too, you have to record everything from how much fluids they drink to how often theyre changed and if they're wet/soiled.

You might also be responsible for giving medication to any kids that need it. Each creche will be differebt but a certain amount of paperwork is mandatory in complying with HSE regulations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

There can be a lot of paperwork involved in the job too, you have to record everything from how much fluids they drink to how often theyre changed and if they're wet/soiled.

You might also be responsible for giving medication to any kids that need it. Each creche will be differebt but a certain amount of paperwork is mandatory in complying with HSE regulations.

there is alot of paperwork as you say.From what I have done I would fill cleaning rotas,sleep charts,nappy changing chart,fridge temp,register filled in and other papers that need to fill!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ballymac676

If you have a qualification from France it is possible to have it recognised here. Check out http://www.qualrec.ie/ It is a free service. Any FÁS office should be able to help you if you need any clarification

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 ponyo

Oh! Cool! Thank you,I'll have a look.

Advertisement