Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Ec Teaching

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Don31

oh gr8 another 1st yr student doin home ec. r u all excited?? should b brill. didn't know bout da shop. dats interestin. r u stayin on campus??

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭moonstruck

I'd say i'm gonna be stayin on campus too :) i think its the best option for first year :) yeah its a pity about the shop but at least there's a cafe and a small student union shop :) a bus goes into town from st. Angela's some afternoons i think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ciarak4179

Ah ya. sure we will probably get used to it after a while we won't even notice there is no shop.

ciarak4179 wrote: »
    Ah ya. sure we will probably get used to it after a while we won't even notice there is no shop.

yea exactly. it will prob take a while 2 get used 2 it but den we'll b grand. when r u all tinkin of movin up ? accordin 2 other yearsea, i'd say we'll have induction 2wks 2moro but i'm not that sure tbh.
    though, da sooner we start d better, i can't wait 2 go nd get settled nd everythin. is there a freshers week in Sligo??

God all the information on the pack the college sent out was confusing. It looks like we'll have to move up on the fifth so.

• Advertisement

God all the information on the pack the college sent out was confusing. It looks like we'll have to move up on the fifth so.
    I haven't got it yet :/ Are we startin on the 5th? :)

moonstruck wrote: »
    I haven't got it yet :/ Are we startin on the 5th? :)

yeah me or my sis haven't got da student packs either. we'll prob get it 2day. da 5th is so soon. Is there like 2 inductions day on the 6th and 7th ???

Well We have to go up on the 5th to buy all the supplies that we need. The mandatory Induction is on the 6th and 7th. Classes start on the 10th then.

ah thanks :) got the letter today myself.. soo complicated :O

ah thanks :) got the letter today myself.. soo complicated :O

i know we got dem too. der is so much to do. don't know where 2 start.he he!!! we even have da forms bout da teachin practice placements.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Don31 wrote: »
    i know we got dem too. der is so much to do. don't know where 2 start.he he!!! we even have da forms bout da teachin practice placements.

Can we keep the txtspk to a minimum please.

yeah think ill just get everything from them on the wednesday :) be the handiest option.. who are ye getting the second reference from? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kds24

does anyone know if we HAVE to buy the stuff from coppingers... like rather than those "safety shoes" can we just wear black converse or something? the amount of stuff we have to get is UNREAL!

yeah think ill just get everything from them on the wednesday :) be the handiest option.. who are ye getting the second reference from? :)

I'm getting the second reference from the boss where I worked on work experience..I think. It's all I could think of.

Yea tink we're gettin everything there except sewing machine. Tink order d sewing machine nxt wk. Wat sewing machine r u's all tinkin of gettin?? Tink I'm gettin d second reference from my home ec teacher. Who r u tinkin?? Where r u tinkin of pickin 4 teaching practise??

kds24 wrote: »
    does anyone know if we HAVE to buy the stuff from coppingers... like rather than those "safety shoes" can we just wear black converse or something? the amount of stuff we have to get is UNREAL!

Tbh I'd say u need 4 safety shoes. They're prob like chef shoes wit d steel cap toe in case u drop a knife or sumthin. I tink they're meant 2 b reli uncomfortsble. :( Yea i agree wit u there. Me nd my twin r both doin home ec teachin so it's gonna b insanely expensive on our poor parents. Wat course r u doin?? U lukin forward 2 startin??

I'm getting the second reference from the boss where I worked on work experience..I think. It's all I could think of.

That's a reli gud idea. One from skul nd one from work. I worked in a restaurant 4 2 summers but i don't tink she'd hav anything nice 2 say so I'm gettin my home ec teacher. Wat sewing machine r u tinkin of gettin?? R u goin 2 d registration by urself on d 5th?

That's a reli gud idea. One from skul nd one from work. I worked in a restaurant 4 2 summers but i don't tink she'd hav anything nice 2 say so I'm gettin my home ec teacher. Wat sewing machine r u tinkin of gettin?? R u goin 2 d registration by urself on d 5th?

that's a brill idea getting our home ec teacher to give the second reference.. i'm doing economics, you? yeah toooo excited i've wanted this for so long! coming from dublin so gonna be a long way from home sniff :'(

that's a brill idea getting our home ec teacher to give the second reference.. i'm doing economics, you? yeah toooo excited i've wanted this for so long! coming from dublin so gonna be a long way from home sniff :'(

Yea I'm doin economics too. Whoop whoop! :D My twin doin home ec nd biology. I'm reli excited too. Already startin packin up sum of my stuff. U do hav a fair way 2 travel. It's not 2 bad if u wanna go home coz u can get d train. I'm from Donegal so we don't hav half as fair 2 travel. How r u gettin on wit d huge shoppin list?? U buyin most of d stuff on d wed??

Yea I'm doin economics too. Whoop whoop! :D My twin doin home ec nd biology. I'm reli excited too. Already startin packin up sum of my stuff. U do hav a fair way 2 travel. It's not 2 bad if u wanna go home coz u can get d train. I'm from Donegal so we don't hav half as fair 2 travel. How r u gettin on wit d huge shoppin list?? U buyin most of d stuff on d wed??

woohoo! nope haven't started packing at all oops! will do it next week B-) yeah will prob get most of the stuff up there, may as well!! sooo expensive, god help your parents! are yous living on campus? yeah will be getting the train up and down! i have a friend in sligo and she says the train to dub is fairly cheap if you book in advance

• Advertisement

I can't believe we've to put down 10 places for work placement..and then 4 geographical locations after that, surely one of the schools we put down will take us on! ha

Yea tink we're gettin everything there except sewing machine. Tink order d sewing machine nxt wk. Wat sewing machine r u's all tinkin of gettin?? Tink I'm gettin d second reference from my home ec teacher. Who r u tinkin?? Where r u tinkin of pickin 4 teaching practise??
    Aw cool :) where you getting the sewing machine from? :) I have no idea which one to get :D i think ill get my second reference from my boss :) im definitely not goin back to my school for teachin practice :D but hopefully somewhere near home or somewhere where ill have a place to stay nearby :D you? :)

woohoo! nope haven't started packing at all oops! will do it next week B-) yeah will prob get most of the stuff up there, may as well!! sooo expensive, god help your parents! are yous living on campus? yeah will be getting the train up and down! i have a friend in sligo and she says the train to dub is fairly cheap if you book in advance

It's so nice 2 no sum1 on d same course! :) Yea livin on campus. Wbu?? Do u no when u can move in??? Can't wait! I was lukin at d rooms online. They're insanely nice but a little pricey. That's gr8 that d train is cheap coz you'd it wud b expensive.

It's so nice 2 no sum1 on d same course! :) Yea livin on campus. Wbu?? Do u no when u can move in??? Can't wait! I was lukin at d rooms online. They're insanely nice but a little pricey. That's gr8 that d train is cheap coz you'd it wud b expensive.

yess sent off the full amount today :) think we can move in on the 5th! yeah i know underfloor heating in the bathrooms and all, don't even have that at home!! jeez can't believe it's less than 2 weeks to go!

I can't believe we've to put down 10 places for work placement..and then 4 geographical locations after that, surely one of the schools we put down will take us on! ha

I no that's so many! Hav no idea wat 2 do. I can't drive or anythin so where i can put down is kinda limited. I assume that's wat d references r 4. Wat r u tinkin?? Where r u from?? Wud u go bac 2 ur old skul??

I no that's so many! Hav no idea wat 2 do. I can't drive or anythin so where i can put down is kinda limited. I assume that's wat d references r 4. Wat r u tinkin?? Where r u from?? Wud u go bac 2 ur old skul??

Ya I know. I don't drive either so transport will be a problem..but I recently met a HE teacher from another school and she said she would give me a lift if I went to her school. I'm from north Tipperary. I don't think we can go back to our old school..at least not till 4th year..It's St angelas policy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

don31 - I have already asked you once.

Can you please stop posting in that textspeak? It is really annoying and practically unintelligible.

Aw cool :) where you getting the sewing machine from? :) I have no idea which one to get :D i think ill get my second reference from my boss :) im definitely not goin back to my school for teachin practice :D but hopefully somewhere near home or somewhere where ill have a place to stay nearby :D you? :)

Tinkin of gettin 1 of "brother" machines d lecturers recommend. I assume they're d best. Wat r u tinkin?

That's sounds reli gud. Hope she writes u a gud one. :)

Yea I'm defo not goin bac 2 my old skul either. Tink I'll go 4 round Sligo. I hav aunts in Kildare nd Louth so they're always options. Where r u tinkin?? Is ur skul on d list??

yess sent off the full amount today :) think we can move in on the 5th! yeah i know underfloor heating in the bathrooms and all, don't even have that at home!! jeez can't believe it's less than 2 weeks to go!

Yea I sent away d deposit nd 2 cheques on tues. :) Can't wait 2 move in. Hope my room is nice. Please hav a view of d lake. ha ha The rooms r reli nice as well. All ensuite. Double bed. Did u see d electric fire in d dining room/kitchen??

• Advertisement

Yea I sent away d deposit nd 2 cheques on tues. :) Can't wait 2 move in. Hope my room is nice. Please hav a view of d lake. ha ha The rooms r reli nice as well. All ensuite. Double bed. Did u see d electric fire in d dining room/kitchen??

ohhh didn't notice the fire!! yeah i hope they're warm apartments!! i presume sligo gets really cold in winter with the wind from the atlantic!! i hope everyone is nice :)could not be bothered getting involved with bitchyness etc!

Advertisement