Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Episode 1 - October 3rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭spudwiser

Thanks for the links

looking forward to it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AJJ2010

Love the apprentice. When the UK one changed to offering a business partner I was worried the format of the show would change, thankfully it didn't.

Is the Irish one staying the same too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

yep I think it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭BrianJD

My problem with the Irish version is the same advertising being used every year with the same companies, ie Cadburys, Applebies and HB. It shows how small a country we are. The Irish version won't really have too many episodes that are not advertising based because they'd make no revenue from them.

I'll watch and enjoy it for 3 weeks until
    I get bored and fed up with the bitching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

The face book page has the pics of this years contestants... anyone know any of them :D

http://www.facebook.com/TV3TheApprentice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I get the impression from the ads that the winner will get a business investment rather than an apprenticeship (rather like the last UK series).

Looking forward to this season. Hopefully there are some big characters in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The contestants look crap, but hopefully one of them will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

ANTON savage doing the apprentice your fired,he is boring brendan o connor was good when he hosted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

ConorBrowne.png

It looks like Conor was on his way to do his Junior Cert but got waylaid by TV3 producers who realised they were a contestant short. :pac:

JoanneSweeneyBurke.png

Joanne looks like this year's Tara. The double-barrelled name is the giveaway.

NoelRowland.pngEugeneHeary.png

My guess is that either Noel or Eugene will be dumb enough to go for team leader for the guys and so be first in the taxi home. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭shuffles88

The face book page has the pics of this years contestants... anyone know any of them :D

http://www.facebook.com/TV3TheApprentice

I do, my cousin will be in it. I don't have any inside knowledge though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

BrianJD wrote: »
    My problem with the Irish version is the same advertising being used every year with the same companies, ie Cadburys, Applebies and HB. It shows how small a country we are. The Irish version won't really have too many episodes that are not advertising based because they'd make no revenue from them.

I'll watch and enjoy it for 3 weeks until
    I get bored and fed up with the bitching.

+1

Needs to get a bit more dynamic with their choice of "sponsor" companies.
    Probably gets too much comparisons with the UK version but I'd love to see a new face behind the desk too,not necessarily a replacement but someone who's made it on their own wing and gives a different insight into business

• Registered Users Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭Heroditas

staker wrote: »
    +1

Needs to get a bit more dynamic with their choice of "sponsor" companies.

A lot of companies probably couldn't be bothered spending a load of money to be a sponsor for the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Ads will be irrelevant thanks to sky+ :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Luis21

Will be skipping the Youre Fired show this season. Savage is rubbish. He's as tame on the guests as Tubridy was on Keating.

Two of the ladies are tasty looking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Debating whether to watch it this year or not, I love the show concept but Bill Cullen sickens me with his double standards and changes like the wind.

Also there boasting about a €200,000 prize fund which is Bull!, there's nothing tangible in that prize apart from rent. Part of that is Brian Purcells €40,000 worth of advice for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

is it the same prize at the end this year

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ap1986

anywhere i can watch it live online???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Glad to have it back from a purely entertainment p.o.v but it isn't a patch on Lord Siucra's version.

This is typical of many Irish responses to problems [HSE/Govt etc], but I'd love to see Michael O'Leary in the job. He'd be absolute TV gold in it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭joannaman

Can't wait to see leathery old Bill spout the same old guff and spoof and then give out to the contestants when he thinks that they are spoofing. Nothing like good old Irish hypocrisy on a Monday night! I think Bill would make a great bad guy in a comic book movie. I'm thinking along the lines of magneto in X-men. Jackie could be mystique (same scaly skin) and brian could be...well mystique's talentless nephew. I'd also love to see Bill stroking a big white cat like a bond villain. Maybe saying to the contestants "why shouldn't I fire you" and then have the cat whispering in his ear about who to sack. Get them all paranoid about the cat liking them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

"This show contains free product placement"

Iiiiit's back!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I literally have never heard of Anton Savage.

Jesus, straight into the advertising, ffs!

I see ICR* will be presenting You're Fired again this year

*Inanimate Carbon Rod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I felt cheap and used after they just bombarded me with that advertising. :D

The first crotch shop of the series.

The red head there was eye-raping Bill there. Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Wonder how had it is to keep a straight face when bill is talking there in the boardroom :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

OMG, THEY HAVE TO MAKE A SANDWICH!!!!!!!!!

home-alone1.jpg

The red head there was eye-raping Bill there. Jesus.

"Your eyes are full of hate rape, forty-one"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

First mistake by Brian, he needs to make the people his friends even if he doesn't want friends.

Advertisement