Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop mixed up Metroid DS game, what can I do?

Options
  • 01-10-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

Posted this in the Nintendo forum too....

So yesterday I picked up Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS, there was no cover on the ds box, just the black and white cover Gamestop print out saying 'Metroid Prime Hunters', thought, nice one only €10 must be becasue there is no cover, went and paid for it and when I got home put it in my 3DS and found out it is the small 'demo'(?) version called http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metroid-Prime-Hunters-First-Nintendo/dp/B002Q2J1GO/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1317468980&sr=1-3 'First Hunt'

So as you would imagin I'm a little pissed off as I thought I was getting the full (albeit, second hand) 'Metroid Prime Hunters'.

Now my question is, can I go back to Gamestop and ask for a full copy of 'Metroid Prime Hunters' as this is what is on the front of the box, not 'First Hunt'. Or can I ask them to take my details and call me when a full copy comes in or something? Feel very cheated here as it is their fault for not printing the right name on the product box.....

Where do I stand with Gamestop here?

Thanks guys!

PS: Metroid Prime Hunters (full game) goes for about £5 on Amazon.co.uk second hand so, cant imagin this game being anymore expensive than €10-12 in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Posted this in the Nintendo forum too....

So yesterday I picked up Metroid Prime Hunters for the DS, there was no cover on the ds box, just the black and white cover Gamestop print out saying 'Metroid Prime Hunters', thought, nice one only €10 must be becasue there is no cover, went and paid for it and when I got home put it in my 3DS and found out it is the small 'demo'(?) version called http://www.amazon.co.uk/Metroid-Prime-Hunters-First-Nintendo/dp/B002Q2J1GO/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1317468980&sr=1-3 'First Hunt'

So as you would imagin I'm a little pissed off as I thought I was getting the full (albeit, second hand) 'Metroid Prime Hunters'.

Now my question is, can I go back to Gamestop and ask for a full copy of 'Metroid Prime Hunters' as this is what is on the front of the box, not 'First Hunt'. Or can I ask them to take my details and call me when a full copy comes in or something? Feel very cheated here as it is their fault for not printing the right name on the product box.....

Where do I stand with Gamestop here?

Thanks guys!
    Yes you can as what they advertised for sale is not what you received. The goods were significantly not as described.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Yes you can as what they advertised for sale is not what you received. The goods were significantly not as described.

Ok, thanks foggy lad, one thing is there is never a copy of MPHs in Irish shops so what do I do if there is no copy? How do I say this without it turning into an hour long argument with a staff member as I'm sure this kinda thing happens a lot in second hand shops and they know how to deal with this type of situation I'm sure.

Should I ring them and ask to speak to a manager first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Ok, thanks foggy lad, one thing is there is never a copy of MPHs in Irish shops so what do I do if there is no copy? How do I say this without it turning into an hour long argument with a staff member as I'm sure this kinda thing happens a lot in second hand shops and they know how to deal with this type of situation I'm sure.

Should I ring them and ask to speak to a manager first?
    Well the shop must offer a remedy which can be a repair(not relevant) replacement(may not be possible) or a refund. I would ring the shop first and speak to the manager if they are available and explain what has happened or just call in with the game and the manager might be there.

The game was most likely accepted from someone as being the full game and the shop are not aware it is only a demo type game.

Just rang GS there, manager is there and I am going to head up to them now.

I had a look on their irish site, they have both 'MPH' and 'MPH First Hunt' both listed as the same price second hand (€10), think its just an honest mistake on there part. I will ask them if I could get a copy from another shop and if not, put my name down for when a copy comes in stock I guess.

Suppose these things happen, I will keep you posted on what happens anyway :-)

Just back from GS, they gave me a full refund as the last time they got a copy in was jun this year. All fine now. Thanks guys!!!!

They did say they had more copies down the country but are not willing to send them up to the shops here which sucks. so on to Amazon with me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement