Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disaster: My marathon prep is ruined by illness, advice needed!

• 01-10-2011 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, im looking for some advice on what training to do for a marathon im running in 10 days time. I have been preparing for the past 14 weeks for my third marathon and i was well on track for a 3h 15m time but my preparation has been on hold for 2 weeks as i've been struck with a mystery illness (fatigue - sore throat). Im slowely coming back to normal but my training has now stopped. Should i just do nothing until the marathon? Or should i try and get some intervals, long runs or short runs in before the big day? i'm at a loss and its just so frustrating to be struck down so close to marathon . I would appreciate any advice.

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Go to a doctor for medical advice, rather than an internet forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement