Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

course fishing

Options
  • 01-10-2011 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

"started" by taking the kids to the local river shannon with maggots trout rods stick floats etc a few months ago,(a change from trolling/fly fishing and pike fishing:)),just for a bit of sport.
    started to get into it a bit, and have stcoked up a little on floats weights and feeders, got a leger rod last week and have set up a reel with 4lb line, :)now i'm just a beginner in this discipline so any advice on tackle,best time of yr for certain species etc etc would be great! its just a bit of fun for me,i dont expect it to take over the trout fishing for me but i am enjoying it, have fished the river shannon around athlone, with small perch and roach the main catch to date, nothing of any size, is it a winter sport? or should i juststick to pike only?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shanemurphyboy

Mainly coarse fishing is done from May to September for most species but you can have great sport catching winter roach but personally im aiming for the pike this winter. Hope that helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

thanks for that shane, all info is helpful, would be more into thre floatfishing but want to try feeder fishing next summer too, what would be the best rig for that?

Advertisement