Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Update ATI Drivers

Options
  • 01-10-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Google'd this, got some advise, no luck. Here's what I've tried so far...

Got new drivers from AMD. Installed them. It said everything installed successfully.
    Drivers are still 2009, and the Cat Control Centre is nowhere to be seen.
    Uninstalled everything, rebooted in safe mode, used driver cleaner to wipe everything.
    Restarted, Windows no longer recognises my card.
    Installed new drivers again. Once again I'm told everything installed correctly, but Windows still doesn't recognise my card.

I eventually managed to get Windows to recognise my card by installing it through Control Panel, but I'm back to my old 2009 drivers. Tried some old ATI drivers from earlier in the year and the same results.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

What OS you running? XP?

Most likely its to do with the damn .net framework

You prob need the .net framework 3.5 on your system and if the install gets messed, hell even if it doesn't then catalyst drivers don't "seem" to install etc

Your best bet is to keep trying with the ATI forums, esp try to remove the ATI folders and reinstall the drivers until they "stay".

I have 2 pcs that I have given up on this, the PC's are running fine, but they refuse to accept the ATI cata drivers and won't run the Catalyst control centre

Advertisement