Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a limit on how many games you can trade in at once?

Options
  • 01-10-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I'm curious because I have never traded in a game, ever. My launch 60Gb PS3 died during the week, and I'm thinking of trading in some of my 43 PS3 games and 9 PS2 games to cover the cost of a new one.

So has anyone ever been faced with a limit when trading in in any of the stores?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

No but Ive been accused of being a trader a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

decisions wrote: »

:confused: :mad: Wow, that would really annoy me; considering the store bloody trades games. Such hypocrisy; especially since they hassle you to buy 2nd hand games when trying to buy a new copy. Man I could rant :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

decisions wrote: »

Whats that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

Gloobag,
    DO NOT trade in your games. You will get ripped off completely.
    You're better off trying to sell them on adverts or gumtree etc. You'd get a better price. If all else fails then maybe think about trading in. But try selling first.

GAME, Gamestop etc give you buttons for games then resale for a hefty price. Say a pre-owned game is selling for 29.99. They most likely only gave the original owner 4-5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Yeah, if you do trade in your games, prepare to get a LOT less cash than you might expect.

I traded in a bunch of games to XtraVision last November and I just had to laugh as he read off the prices for the games

"5 euro for this, 1 euro for this, 2 euro for this...."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Not an issue at CeX, anyway. Plus you can get the prices online without having to go in-store, and just bring in whatever you're happy to trade

http://ie.webuy.com/

/plug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Probably better to sell a few games over adverts.ie or ebay or something because you'd probably get more money for selling less games than you would by trading them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

jk86 wrote: »
    Yeah, if you do trade in your games, prepare to get a LOT less cash than you might expect.

I traded in a bunch of games to XtraVision last November and I just had to laugh as he read off the prices for the games

"5 euro for this, 1 euro for this, 2 euro for this...."

Bloody terrible.
    Always remember trading in around 40 ps2 & xbox games a few years ago and only getting 1 euro for each game :rolleyes:
    The lowest pre-owned price was 4.99 and it went all the way up to 29.99 at the time.

Doesnt take a genius to realise a few (if not many) of my "1 euro worth" games were sold for 29.99 :rolleyes: I wasnt trading in your usual sh*te games. But AAA games. never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

Healium wrote: »
    Not an issue at CeX, anyway. Plus you can get the prices online without having to go in-store, and just bring in whatever you're happy to trade

http://ie.webuy.com/

/plug

Wow, they're giving 700% the price I got last year at XtraVision for Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts. 7 euro!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

jaykhunter wrote: »
    :confused: :mad: Wow, that would really annoy me; considering the store bloody trades games. Such hypocrisy; especially since they hassle you to buy 2nd hand games when trying to buy a new copy. Man I could rant :p

Almost always by Gamestop, they do my head in sometimes.

Oh and op your better off selling them elsewhere you only get buttons for the games in most shops and then they sell them for 20 - 30 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭mcw92

is Gamestop still doing the 3 game 3€ trade in deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I'm not going to go the Adverts.ie route, simply because I've had way too many bad experiences selling stuff on it in the past, and I wouldn't be able to sell in bulk and couldn't be arsed messing around with postage costs and paypal and all the other annoying crap that comes with it.

I assume you get more in store credit than cash right? I essentially just need enough for a new PS3, I'm not actually looking to make any cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,072 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

mcw92 wrote: »
    is Gamestop still doing the 3 game 3€ trade in deal?

Yup, and it applies to most new releases coming out (i think BF3 and MW3 are not in it).

I traded in over 250 PS1 games years back, so unless things have changed since then there's no limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

jk86 wrote: »
    Wow, they're giving 700% the price I got last year at XtraVision for Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts. 7 euro!!
    Said percentage does not apply to Black Ops ;)
    gloobag wrote: »

I assume you get more in store credit than cash right? I essentially just need enough for a new PS3, I'm not actually looking to make any cash.

Always get more for in-store credit. Well, the Dublin CeX have some PS3s in stock. Not sure if you'd be happy with a used one...? http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?rad_which_stock=3&refinebystore=1500&stext=&section=all&catid=810 Obviously Boxed and Unboxed are fairly self-explanatory. Discounted can mean a few things - some scratches, no box etc. (It depends on the item - every one is different!). But, if you're in Dublin, pop into the store and they can take out the consoles, letting you inspect them for scratches, and see why it's discounted. All consoles come with all power cables/AV cables/a controller. And, as I said, check the site for trade-in prices if you're interested i.e. if you traded in Dead Island, you'd get €26 to use in-store http://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=4020628507275 Just... don't check how much we'd give you for it in a UK store. Clearly the Irish store got Steam to do their exchange rates :confused:http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=4020628507275

Yup, and it applies to most new releases coming out (i think BF3 and MW3 are not in it).

I traded in over 250 PS1 games years back, so unless things have changed since then there's no limit.

The list is relatively small though when compared to when the deal first came out.

What exactly is a trader though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭mcw92

The list is relatively small though when compared to when the deal first came out.

What exactly is a trader though?

Where do you see the newest list?
    Is it the same as this:
    http://www.gamestop.ie/500titlestradein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

X3 on the trader thing what is it?

Im gonna take a wild guess and say its someone who buys games and trades them back after clearing them?

The newest list can be found instore, I'm unsure as to what is there right now, but I know it does seem a lot shorter.

Advertisement