Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

289 euro budget gaming pc (no gpu)

Options
  • 01-10-2011 4:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

What do you think? My main concern is with the mobo and case. Will they be low quality for the price? I'm going to buy a 6870 or better once I sell my ps3.

Anyone got any experience with dabs either? They're fairly cheap and free shipping :)

iorEE.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Its not bad but dabs have pretty terrible customer support and delivery times. You might get the stuff within a week or you might not get it for months.

If you're going to be putting a 6870 in it I'd get an i3 instead of an Athlon X2. The X2 will bottleneck the GPU pretty badly.

Item|Price
    Total build cost: €307.34 + €30 shipping
    Intel Core i3-2100 Box, LGA1155|€99.50
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA|€16.79
    Xigmatek Asgard, ATX, ohne Netzteil, schwarz|€31.61
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€40.88
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ)|€48.29
    4GB GEIL Value Plus PC3-10660 DDR3-1333 CL9|€20.30
    ASRock H61M-HVS (B3), Sockel 1155, mATX|€49.97

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I actually really like Dabs. I've never had delivery trouble from them - all my stuff has arrived within 3-4 days (this is with about 30+ orders) - though their customer support it pretty horrible. I did have trouble with my one RMA with them, but it got sorted in the end.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Here's something for you. Food for thought. 230 for everything minus gpu

311955_10150339730082422_509472421_8289741_756057499_n.jpg

Motherboard unlocks the tri core to a quad core. Gives a nice jump in performance
    3d1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KamSaw

Fair play to ya cherryghost for fitting in a gpu for that price, that's excellent. I'd have 150 left lying around that I could use for the case and maybe get up to a 560 ti if I ever sell this ps3. Thanks deconduo I was looking at intel aswell, never thought I could squeeze an i3 in at that price range. Hardwareversand is tempting but I'm trying to buy Irish even though it's rip-off here, maybe i'm just deluded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

KamSaw wrote: »
    Fair play to ya cherryghost for fitting in a gpu for that price, that's excellent. I'd have 150 left lying around that I could use for the case and maybe get up to a 560 ti if I ever sell this ps3. Thanks deconduo I was looking at intel aswell, never thought I could squeeze an i3 in at that price range. Hardwareversand is tempting but I'm trying to buy Irish even though it's rip-off here, maybe i'm just deluded

Dabs might have an Irish domain name, but they're a UK company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 KamSaw

Donny5 wrote: »
    Dabs might have an Irish domain name, but they're a UK company.

Makes me sad =/

Advertisement