Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library Security

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Doesn't apply at nighttime, I think.

Think it applies selectively at all times. Kinda like 'at the discretion of management' line in pubs. Basically if you're here to whip computers or belt students, Security 'should' remove you. I remember one occasion where it took them 45 minutes to get from the D Block to Kilmurry and then arrived lights flashing....tossers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

constantg wrote: »
    Think it applies selectively at all times. Kinda like 'at the discretion of management' line in pubs. Basically if you're here to whip computers or belt students, Security 'should' remove you. I remember one occasion where it took them 45 minutes to get from the D Block to Kilmurry and then arrived lights flashing....tossers.
    Typical. :rolleyes:
    Granted, UL is (apparently) an open campus, but security have a responsibility to dispose of troublemakers in the quickest time possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Cossax wrote: »
    constantg wrote: »
    You don't need a swipe card; if you don't have your student card on you @ all times when asked for it by security, you can be asked to leave the campus. Why they don't do this i'm not too sure...

Perhaps something along the lines of not peeing off the local community!

Not so sure about that.

Exactly.

They can ask you to produce it at a later date though, like.if the guards pull you and you're without your drivers licence.

Advertisement