Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Defense - where do I stand?

Options
  • 01-10-2011 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Have this car that keeps stopping at my gate, haven't been able to get the reg number. I've recently gone through a nasty breakup and my crazy ex girlfriend has decided to make my life hell as she cant just let the fact we weren't working go. Anyway she decided to get nasty and spread lies and make up alot of bad stuff about me and accuse me of bad things. Basically she's describing her own psychotic self and saying its me ! I've been told I should go to my solicitor and have her charged with Defaming of character but I don't want to go all legal I just want this **** to end as Im sure you understand. I've found out she is involved with a bit of a dodgy crowd and have been told by friends Id want to be careful she doesn't "Send her friends after me" .
    This **** with people stopping outside my house and watching me, not knowing where I can show my face etc. is driving me mental ! Im afraid that whoever she is "sending " after me will try come into my garden or house. I have 2 great guard dogs that let me know whenever someone is around. Am I doing wrong if I fire a warning shot in the air or am seen perhaps with my gun in the garden. I live in a rural area. I really have had enough of this ****, the crazy bitch just cant let it go like normal people. What can I do without going too far or without getting the law involved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You could stand to lose your licence at a minimum if you go firing 'warning shots'. Don't do anything stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

Sorry but what has this got to do with shooting/hunting:confused::confused::confused::confused:

EPIC FAIL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

leave the guns in the safe and call the guards. If you have 2 guard dogs i cant see anyone coming into your garden.

What you asked would be illegal lad wont be long before this thread is locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

lee70 wrote: »
    Sorry but what has this got to do with shooting/hunting:confused::confused::confused::confused:

EPIC FAIL
    your one to talk about epic fails dude i seem to remember a thread wondering why the guards took guns from a guy for having his house raded for drugs.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

your one to talk about epic fails dude i seem to remember a thread wondering why the guards took guns from a guy for having his house raded for drugs.....

Im not aware of what that poster may have said in another post, but he seems to be on the ball this time, what does it have to do with shooting/hunting??
    Its not the wildwest, get the reg numbers OP and report to gardai, at least report and say it is happening, get a record of it, how ever that is done? from the day log?? be vigilant and dont let it appear anyone is getting to you, at the least you will have your licence revoked?? surely or worse.
    Keep a record of events and if need be maybe talk to a solicitor about your options and potential costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Go get a barring order on her if she is the one doing the harrasment.

Use the system it there for us all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Have you told the Gardaí?

1st port of call before solicitor. At at least put it on their radar even if you have no details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Buy a security camera and leave the guns out of it , its the sort of thing that the ptb can use against ordinary shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

you will be standing in jail if you used the guns to fire warning shots,just because a car pulled up at your gate.go to guards and solicitor and nail hair that way!dont get yourself in trouble!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The discussion on RKBA, firearms for self defence, etc is not legal and not allowed on this forum.

Also the original topic has nothing to do with shooting and is better suited to the Personal Issue forum.

Closed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement