Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

embryo transfer in meath

• 01-10-2011 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭

Any body know somebody that does embryo transfer/harvesting in the Meath area.

Was throwing round the idea of flushing my Parthenaise girl that went mental at calving. She's too dangerous to risk calving again but she is a quality animal and might be worth flushing her. Have whitehead and angus heifers I could use for surrigates.

what kind of money are you talking about for the procedure?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

i had a thread about it a short while ago and costs were discussed
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73746464
    cant help on whom do it for you.
    I've decided to hold my hourses on it for the moment. it seems quite expensive affair.
    she will still contribute her portion of the docility traits to her offspring! but hopefully with a very docile bull you may get the results you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

i might get her yet:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

eddie lynch in cavan is yer man. when u thinkin of flushin her? we have one lim to flush early dec time? think cost is around 200 - 250 for flush(think this includes drugs but open to correction) + 70 - 80 per egg transfered + cost of semen + syncro of recips. most important thing is nutrition of all animals involved min + vits and no drastic changes in diet. Best thing to do is contact the flush guy and quiz him to bits:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

thanks for the info lads

when I flush her will depend when she comes cycling again. shes only calved a week and a half at this stage.

leg wax if you want to take your life in your hands we might talk business:cool:
    let me do some reserch on this first though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Parthenaise girl that went mental at calving. She's too dangerous to risk calving again

How mental are we talking about?
    When she is in the calving pen would she be hopping off the gates to get at you?
    Or wha?:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement