Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question

Options
  • 01-10-2011 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Hi I only started playing xbox there in the summer,set up an account and played away nd downloaded a few games,anyways I bought a new console nd my details are transfered over,the thing is I can access all the games on my friends console that I downloaded,is this legal?,Im reading abit on bans nd nt sure whether to open any of the games,by mistake he downloaded fifa 12 of my account nd it asked me to open it.....surely two cant play with the same account in two different consoles

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

you won't get banned, as your not technically doing anything illegal

i'm not really following what your saying,
    is your friends console only used offline?

once you download a game from xbox live you can play it on that console while online or offline, if you use that game/profile on another xbox by putting the hdd into it it then locks that game and will require you to be online to unlock the full version in the case of arcade games,

the same profile cannot be signed into live twice, but if your profile is still on the offline xbox and can access content play away but once that console connects to xbox live the old profile will no longer work and neither will the content

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

If i read what you said right. You downloaded games on your friends console under your gamertag, then got your own console and transferred the gamertag over?

If you downloaded the games under your gamertag then you can re-download them and play them on a new console, the marketplace remembers what games you paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

sorry for the lack of clarity on this post iv just read it there....so ya iv transferred over the gamertag. Also should there be a difference in the account balence with microsoft points,on my friends console the balence is around 4000-5000(i won aloda points of microsoft) and on my new one its its 1200???:S
    Also last point is there anyway i can set up a password so every time i have to sign in il have to enter it.i just dont want it happening again especially if i ever have to enter in credit card details im sure they save the payment method.
    cheers for the help so far lads
    Skinny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

skinny90 wrote: »
    sorry for the lack of clarity on this post iv just read it there....so ya iv transferred over the gamertag. Also should there be a difference in the account balence with microsoft points,on my friends console the balence is around 4000-5000(i won aloda points of microsoft) and on my new one its its 1200???:S
    Also last point is there anyway i can set up a password so every time i have to sign in il have to enter it.i just dont want it happening again especially if i ever have to enter in credit card details im sure they save the payment method.
    cheers for the help so far lads
    Skinny

you should have kept the points unless you or your friend spent them on something.
    Yeah you can set up a password to connect to Xbl on it. Its somewhere in settings. Dont have access to the xbox to find out exactly at the moment.

Also i wouldnt use use your credit card on the xbox. points and membership can be got much cheaper. check out the useful links sicky at the top of the forum for links to sites people on here used with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Phegasus

There are two licenses with each content.

1st License allows all users of the FIRST console that it was downloaded to, to use the content. This remains applicable until a DRM transfer is completed to another console.

2nd License is gamertag specific, allowing the user to redownload the content on other consoles, but only his gamertag will work, and only if connected to LIVE at all times.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement