Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 1943

Options
  • 01-10-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭

Heard rumour battlefield 1943 s servers would be disconnected when battlefield 3 arrives anyone else hear the same?

My problem is it is an online only game so whoever bought this game before or will buy it is going to get stung,,,

wonder will ms refund cost of the game if they do close the servers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

you can be assured that if the servers did go offline you wouldn't get any refund,

I doubt they'll knock off the servers if its an online only game, but EA never cease to amaze

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

Wouldnt really bother me,i played the game for a couple months after i bought it,then i stoped and played cod modern warfare and black ops

i doubt they would refund anyone,its not microsofts policy to lose money or give away anything unless they are legally obliged to

games been out a couple of years now,the price paid for it 800 ms points or watever means people should have gotten their moneys worth out of the game by now

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Rumour from where? On a blog/website?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

CyberJuice wrote: »
    Wouldnt really bother me,i played the game for a couple months after i bought it,then i stoped and played cod modern warfare and black ops

i doubt they would refund anyone,its not microsofts policy to lose money or give away anything unless they are legally obliged to

games been out a couple of years now,the price paid for it 800 ms points or watever means people should have gotten their moneys worth out of the game by now

Problem is they're still selling it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

i think this is just a rumor, any creditable source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

EA run the servers, not MS so there's not a snowballs chance in hell of money being refunded.

As for whether or not they're shutting down the servers due to BF3, well they didn't do it for BC2 so I don't know why they'd use the latest release as an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

few lads in game chat the other night mentioned it was wondering any truth etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Never heard anything about it, would be surprising given the fact that it's online only.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Aren't the PS3 users getting 1943 free with BF3 or something? I'd expect EA to get a lot of backlash shutting down the 360 servers and conveniently starting up PS3 ones, but then again, gamers have been settling for really low blows for the past few years now. I haven't heard anything about this as of yet, and EA aren't usually shy about making server shut down announcements, take it with a pinch of salt until you hear something concrete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Lies. Lies and slander.

1943 is one of the best selling XBLA games, it makes no sense to shut it down. The rumor you heard is exactly that, a rumor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I heard a rumour that they're shutting down the Black Ops servers when MW3 comes out.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Healium wrote: »
    I heard a rumour that they're shutting down the Black Ops servers when MW3 comes out.

:cool:
    Really??? Would make sense as only 14 year old mouths seem to play that game in my opinion I stopped playing that a week after release :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

I was under the impression Call of Duty games didn't have dedicated servers. Unless I'm missing sarcasm somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I was under the impression Call of Duty games didn't have dedicated servers. Unless I'm missing sarcasm somewhere...
    Nor did any of these. http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

rumours are fun

Advertisement