If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

panasonic TX-L42E30B

Options
  • 01-10-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

we're looking to buy these before christmas:

1.panasonic TX-L42E30B

2.Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX7V

any deals please,how much will be the delivery to ROI(kildare)? Thanks!

are you selling ipad2?very interested in buying one as well.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

KayeQ wrote: »
    Hi,

we're looking to buy these before christmas:

1.panasonic TX-L42E30B

2.Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX7V

any deals please,how much will be the delivery to ROI(kildare)? Thanks!

are you selling ipad2?very interested in buying one as well.

Kaye,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we only stock one out of three of these I'm afraid - The Pana TXL42E30 - this retails at £579.95 and delivery to Kildare would be £29.95.

Please note that this TV is NOT approved for Saorview at the moment!

Give me a shout if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Irish DTT uses MPEG-4 video compression over a DVB-T broadcasting infrastructure. Both standard definition and future high definition channels on Irish DTT will use these standards.

UK Freeview uses MPEG-2 over DVB-T for its standard definition channels and MPEG-4 over DVB-T2 for its high definition channels.

A standard definition UK Freeview STB or iDTV (mpeg2 / dvb-t) will not work with Irish DTT.

A high definition (HD) UK Freeview STB or iDTV (mpeg4 / dvb-t2) will work with Irish DTT, as DVB-T2 is backward compatible with DVB-T.
    So your looking for a TV with built-in MPEG-4 Tuner and......
    For Digital Teletext to work your receiver needs MHEG-5 middleware.
    MHEG-5.

Powercity/Amazon list this TV as having both so I'd say it'll be fine, ask in Terrestrial Forum just to be sure.

I only really started looking into this myself lately, you'd imagine Saorview spec would be sorted by now.:rolleyes:

After exhaustive research (sick of looking) I'm after a Panasonic also, did you see this Model in the Shops or just reviews?

Mpeg4ireland.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hal,

many thanks for your input.

I have not said that the Panasonic will NOT work with Saorview - however it is not presently Saorview certified and if you do some research on previous UK sourced Panasonics and Saorview on Boards you can see that there have been certain issues - the Pana models we retail are UK models and we cannot guarantee that they will work with Saorview especially with regard to any future additional services.

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

Kaye,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we only stock one out of three of these I'm afraid - The Pana TXL42E30 - this retails at £579.95 and delivery to Kildare would be £29.95.

Please note that this TV is NOT approved for Saorview at the moment!

Give me a shout if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.