Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions/Ideas?

Options
  • 01-10-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm thinking about getting a tattoo in memory of my aunt who passed away over the summer; she was 33 and a really big influence in my life that was taken far too soon..

Anyway, she was a physicist and I was thinking of maybe getting a tattoo of a symbol associated with that field, one idea I'm particularly fond of is an infinity symbol, maybe around my hip region so as to keep it discreet. I was also thinking of maybe her initials 'GJ' in such a way that the J joined up on the underside of the G, but I dunno.

So I have two questions really, do you think it's a good way of remembering her?
    And has anyone any other ideas?

I'm still quite young so I wouldn't be getting it done for a few years, I want this to be well thought out, she doesn't deserve something half-assed!

So yeah, that's it, I'd appreciate your feedback! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Sorry for the loss OP.

Whatever you get just be sure that you know she would agree. I'd hold off getting something about physics if you're not au fait with the subject. Was there anything she did with you and personal that you could put in an image that might suit better?

Personally I'm against any portraits or the likes of names/dates/scrolls I'd prefer an image that relates. But that's just me.

Just remember whatever you decide on it'll feel right to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Thanks.

Yeah I understand you, I have a small knowledge of physics but not a huge amount. One of the reasons I liked the infinity symbol was the fact that means forever, the coninuity, people used to say very similar so I liked the idea that a part of her was going on with me, like infinity.

I definitely don't want a portrait or anything, something small and discrete...

I think I'm going to have to sit down and have a long think about it, how she'd feel as you said and what I'd want to portray, I mean, it's not like I can wash it off if I get bored of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Exactly.

I'd say the best thing to do would be get a pen and paper and write bullet points of what she meant to you or things you did together. See if you can come up with a few ideas of how to translate that to an image.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Yeah that sounds like a good plan, thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

If you're looking for physics-style tattoos, you can't go wrong with this blog (and not just 'cos I'm in it!) - it has some brilliant designs and clever ideas, as well as some beautifully-executed work. Good luck with your piece!

• Advertisement
Advertisement